Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE HEAT, I feel liek I AM GOING INSANE...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Pauric89 wrote: »
    Its HOT when the temperature is up near the 30's!!

32 degrees here today when enda kenny was over visiting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

2-3 day of decent weather and half the country complains about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Not this thread again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anything over 31 degrees and Dave Syndrome sets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly II

Im dying of fcuking cold for the past week.

I just want to go out and go swimming. But im in bed drinking hot lemons.

Fcuk you, you miserable sneezy basterd. Go and riddle someone else.

Have you considered you might have an allergy, like hay fever? It causes congestion and all that.

I'm fair skinned and I don't tan, the sun is lovely but not that lovely. I don't like big crowds and I hate the beach. I'd rather it was cooler, it would be easier to sleep at night and I could walk around without there being so many out, and without sweating so much, and without burning. Fcuk it, humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

People who complain about the heat in Ireland need to be loaded onto a ship and sent off the Greenland for good because its utter madness. It's not even hot yet, its about 19 degrees at most with a bit of wind.

Put on a pair of shorts and t-shirt and relax a bit. Over-reaction at its finest. I think a lot of people just say they love the cold and rain to seem cool (excuse the pun) or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have you all gone mad? It's regularly 25C here and its charming. Anything above 30 is of course getting uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Only 6 more days and the days will be getting shorter.

Enjoy it while you can!

Whys that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This is just perfect :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

maguic24 wrote: »
    So awks when you meet someone out scantily clad. I'm always like in my head 'don't look at her boobs, don't look at her boobs, quit looking at her legs, phwoar the chest on your man'.

Very distracting and no matter how hard you try, you still end up looking at them. >.< :o:p

Yup. I was talking to a woman with beauty spots on her cleavage. I was a goner from the beginning :o

But where's there's sun, there's...

:cool:

Sunglasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

cloud493 wrote: »
    Whys that?

Longest day of the year on the 21st,then it start to get shorter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

Sunglasses.

Ooooohh, ya shnake! Good idea! I need to get me a pair. :cool:

hallo dare wrote: »
    Longest day of the year on the 21st,then it start to get shorter

This news makes me happy :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

cloud493 wrote: »
    Whys that?

June 21st is the longest day in the year. After that, the days start getting shorter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Jimmyie

Wait until Halloween to use the Mushrooms, as all the Psychologists and Gruru's say, use mushrooms in a cold and peaceful setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

35-45 when I live at the minute (obviously not Ireland :P)

Now that's heat. Will probably be pulling out my winter woolies when I get home!

June 21st is the longest day in the year. After that, the days start getting shorter.

Thanks for clearing that up for a second time. ☺☺☺☺☺☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I am not built for the sun, whenever it's sunny I sneeze a lot, my eyes get red sometimes and I get sunburned, My body is built to be fking hammered by atlantic winds and clattered by torrential rain, not to be sun kissed by heavenly rays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

18 degrees is cool. 20-22 is room temp which is the temp we don't notice. Neither hot nor cold. 18 feels cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

hallo dare wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up for a second time. ☺☺☺☺☺☺

^^^^ Howd you do that?

• Advertisement

Its more close than really hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

WTF is wrong with you people?? It's gorgeous out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

This weather makes me sleepy, I hate it. Also having hay fever makes it a lot worse. Love storms and snow though :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly II

I am not built for the sun, whenever it's sunny I sneeze a lot, my eyes get red sometimes

Seriously though, people know what hay fever is, right?

A fcuking nightmare! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Why are people claiming 'its not even that hot?' ooooh so you wear shorts and sandals on a daily basis? Its warm *For Ireland*!!

We get that its really warm in Australia or wherever :D

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Because it's not that hot :/

I've been wearing a cardigan all day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

After the humidity, lack of sleep, resulting tiredness, near replacement of food with water, temperature and headaches, hay fever, for me, is the final nail in summer's coffin.

**** summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I was Ireland had Spain's or California's climate every Summer, follow by a snowy Winter.

I wonder if those who complain about this weather are the same people who spend their days indoors nad on the Internet. It's not even that warm, unlike the first week of the July 2013 heatwave, but I would take any heatwave over a rainy Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm having soup.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

mad muffin wrote: »
    I'm having soup.

What kind kid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Reiketsu wrote: »
    This weather makes me sleepy, I hate it. Also having hay fever makes it a lot worse. Love storms and snow though :D.

Smoke cannabis. I used to have hayfever but when I smoked it, I never got any symptoms. Happened to my friend, too.

I don't smoke it anymore, though, and for some reason I just don't get hayfever anymore, thankfully because it has ruined many a Summer in my youth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Augmerson wrote: »
    What kind kid?

Tomato. With home made brown bread. And of course a bit of butter on said bread. Loverly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

I love it and I'm off work for the next two weeks! Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'm 9 months pregnant, the heat is driving me insane and giving me Shrek style swollen feet in the process:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Heat? Really? It's vaguely warmish, at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I like the sun but it doesn't like me. Every single person in the estate out with a lawnmower means I keep sneezing and sneezing and sneezing. Also, I'm pale and I do nothing but burn. Oh well. *applies suncream generously* :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why are people claiming 'its not even that hot?' ooooh so you wear shorts and sandals on a daily basis? Its warm *For Ireland*!!

As you say yourself it is warm. It's not hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Actually, it's pretty warm now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Makes me wish everyone didn't hate air conditioning in this country :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Packing grease cleans easier in these temps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think it's just super :)

I was working in Malta one year and it hit 43 degrees, that was miserable.

The current weather is superb, warm, dry, ideal to sit out and just enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Phone call home recently.

'How's the weather?'
    'Miserable. Its been cold and raining all week. What's it like there?'
    'Nice - we had 28 degrees today.'
    'Ah that's a bit hot. I wouldn't like that...'

:confused:
    But there's an in-between.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This is hilarious, it was 37 degrees at the peak of the heatwave we had in Germany last week/the week before. THAT is hot. Especially when none of the buildings have air-conditioning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

This is hilarious, it was 37 degrees at the peak of the heatwave we had in Germany last week/the week before. THAT is hot. Especially when none of the buildings have air-conditioning.
    In Ireland we're not used to warmth though, plus it can be quite humid here.

I'm not complaining by the way - even if at times I find it a bit too close and the pollen affects me, I'd still prefer it infinitely to the unseasonably cold weather a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Some bad language so lil NSFW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zakdzo09E3s

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Magaggie wrote: »
    In Ireland we're not used to warmth though, plus it can be quite humid here.

I'm not complaining by the way - even if at times I find it a bit too close and the pollen affects me, I'd still prefer it infinitely to the unseasonably cold weather a few weeks ago.

Yeah sure don't I know :D

I just mean, 20-22 degrees? That's nice, but it's not hot. Warm for Ireland, but definitely not unknown to occur.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's the Irish thing to whine like a hungry mongrel about the weather. A few years ago I was in a doctors reception room and these two oul wans were whinging about the "hot" weather at the time. They continued by discussing their upcoming holidays. One was going to "Torreymalinnnaaas" with her assorted brood and was looking forward to the sunshine and nice weather... At that point high speed lead injected euthanasia was looking very bloody good.

Shut up whingin' for feck sake. It's summer, with green on the trees and sun in the sky(when it deigns to make an appearance). All too soon it'll be misery inducing November with drizzle and bruised skies and pissy wind. There's no pleasing some people. Harrrumph! :mad::D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Shut up you moanbags. It's not even that warm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement