Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE HEAT, I feel liek I AM GOING INSANE...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Plazaman wrote: »
    Good Weather : "Jaysus, you'd miss the drop of rain, this heat is wrecking the crops"

I dont understand why people want rain when the sun shines. Its still hot and humid. Then you have rain and you have to cover yourself up more. And you're more hot and sweaty. And narky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

If I can't spend a few hours outside without my skin getting burned and getting a headache then it's too hot.

Aww you poor Albino :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Pffft. It's actually freezing. I used to live on the sun and it was 10 million degrees. At night. I'm wearing 12 jumpers today.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It was 42 degrees celsius where I live before I left last week to visit Ireland. Stop moaning! It's nice and warm, not hot.

Stop moaning about people moaning. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

e_e wrote: »
    Don't mind the sun/heat all that much but hay fever is an absolute bastard.

It used to be. I used to suffer horribly with it, then one year, about 20 years ago, it just stopped. No idea how or why, but I'm not complaining.

I'd like to say I feel your pain, but I don't. Not any more!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

endacl wrote: »
    It used to be. I used to suffer horribly with it, then one year, about 20 years ago, it just stopped. No idea how or why, but I'm not complaining.

Same here. First got when I was 9 years old. Never got after 21/22 years old. The Summers when I smoked cannabis where the only breaks I got from hayfever, but that was just for 2 years. My nose can still sense the pollen but it doesn't make me sneeze or anything.

Regardless of my hayfever in the past, I never complained about sunny weather in early Summer (when pollen is at its worst), just took a Claritin and I would be sorted for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Funnily enough, I always found my hayfever a LOT worse in Ireland than it is here. Maybe my nose is just so assaulted by London pollution all year round that it just goes "Pollen? Meh..." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I love it :)

Funnily enough, I always found my hayfever a LOT worse in Ireland than it is here. Maybe my nose is just so assaulted by London pollution all year round that it just goes "Pollen? Meh..." :pac:

That's because there is not much grass or trees in the city. I used to affected by both grass and tree pollen, so living in a town Meath where there are plenty of fields around, I would murdered by pollen in early Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's because there is not much grass or trees in the city. I used to affected by both grass and tree pollen, so living in a town Meath where there are plenty of fields around, I would murdered by pollen in early Summer.

I lived in Dublin city centre before I moved, and ran a lot in both places. :pac:

Still way worse in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Tasden wrote: »
    I love it :)
    +1.

All going to plan, I'll be sitting on a deck chair at 4.05 this afternoon with 6 cold cans of beer fighting amongst themselves in the fridge as to who gets savaged first.

Heat is a matter of perspective. I remember leaving Sydney to return to ireland in 2001. The weather girl warned sydneyites to wrap up well at the time, because temperatures might drop as low as 16 degrees. And it felt chilly. Arriving in Dublin, the aer lingus lassie had the cheek to inform us that the temperature on arrival would be 16 degrees, and that we had a beautiful irish summers day to look forward to. I wouldn't have thought if myself as particularly tanned at the time, but when I got to arrivals everybody looked feckin' blue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Anything up to 30degrees is fine if you're not doing manual labour.
    People who start complaining about the heat when temperatures are in the low 20's either have an underlying medical condition or are attention seekers.

People who start complaining about the heat when temperatures are in the low 20's either have an underlying medical condition or are attention seekers.

Or they're obese.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I never suffered from hay fever until I moved to London. Sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

weather is nice out there. nice and mild. it's not hot. it's just a normal nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

I remember with last summers heatwave I found it very, very difficult. The the night would be warm and I found it difficult to sleep at night and only getting a few hours sleep. Getting up in the morning for work and I wouldn't be five minutes gone for work and pouring in sweat I was. Then working all day with pure sweat dripping from my face, armpits and ass and all I needed was a cold shower. Getting home in the evening time, if I was lucky for 7pm, I was shattered and wrecked with a sore body from the sun. Shorts riding up between my legs up to my crotch creating chafting and resulting in a very sore heat rash between my legs. I tried my best to stay out from the sun but it was difficult going to and from work. I was actually sick from the sun. Humidity was so high.

Something else that made me sick was seeing my brother and sister who were unemployed, just lougning about the place giving out me saying things like 'what, this is easy weather' and I thought if they had a job to attend to they'd have a different tune to sing.

So far it's hot where I am in Ireland but it's bearable and there's a breeze.

Sun index was 7.6 at 1p.m.. Felt like my back was facing a fire: http://www.uvawareness.com/uv-index/uv-index.php?location=dublin

im dying here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm just out here in the backyard with my son. Ice tea. Sunnies. Paddling pool. Trampoline. iPad. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Or just don't like to be too warm? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm eating a Loop de loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

oak5548 wrote: »
    People who complain about the heat in Ireland need to be loaded onto a ship and sent off the Greenland for good because its utter madness. It's not even hot yet, its about 19 degrees at most with a bit of wind.

Put on a pair of shorts and t-shirt and relax a bit. Over-reaction at its finest. I think a lot of people just say they love the cold and rain to seem cool (excuse the pun) or something.

It's cool to love the cold & rain? Most everyone I know or encounter would have you sectioned if you said you prefer the cooler weather...it's certainly not a popular opinion, let alone cool. As for me, I'm not a fan of the heat at all. I enjoy a blue sky & sunny day alright, but certainly prefer the colder months. Feck it, might as well go down in a blaze of glory here...I love dynamic weather, storms, thunder & lighting etc...I find it fascinating how it's all powered by the sun (/nerd). Hot, muggy, humid conditions I don't really find comfortable at all. Do people like sitting in a layer of their own sweat at night or something? But yeah, I go along with the 'ah yeah it's a cracking day' brigade because, well, you kinda have to. You may as well be speaking Japanese here by telling someone you prefer the colder (and more interesting) weather. Ok, ready, aim, FIRE! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Jesus fouking CHRIST this place is really going to the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Myrddin wrote: »
    It's cool to love the cold & rain? Most everyone I know or encounter would have you sectioned if you said you prefer the cooler weather...it's certainly not a popular opinion, let alone cool. As for me, I'm not a fan of the heat at all. I enjoy a blue sky & sunny day alright, but certainly prefer the colder months. Feck it, might as well go down in a blaze of glory here...I love dynamic weather, storms, thunder & lighting etc...I find it fascinating how it's all powered by the sun (/nerd). Hot, muggy, humid conditions I don't really find comfortable at all. Do people like sitting in a layer of their own sweat at night or something? But yeah, I go along with the 'ah yeah it's a cracking day' brigade because, well, you kinda have to. You may as well be speaking Japanese here by telling someone you prefer the colder (and more interesting) weather. Ok, ready, aim, FIRE! :o

We shall stand together!

We shall stand together!

It'll be like The Alamo but in our time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I remember with last summers heatwave I found it very, very difficult. The the night would be warm and I found it difficult to sleep at night and only getting a few hours sleep. Getting up in the morning for work and I wouldn't be five minutes gone for work and pouring in sweat I was. Then working all day with pure sweat dripping from my face, armpits ass and all I needed was a cold shower. Getting home in the evening time, if I was lucky for 7pm, I was shattered and wrecked with a sore body from the sun. Shorts riding up between my legs up to my crotch creating chafting and resulting in a very sore heat rash between my legs. I tried my best to stay out from the sun but having a difficult going to and from work. I was actually sick from the sun. Humidity

Something else that made me sick was seeing my brother and sister who were unemployed, just lougning about the place giving out me saying things like 'what, this is easy weather' and I thought if they had a job to attend to they'd have a different tune to sing.

So far it's hot where I am in Ireland but it's bearable and there's a breeze.

What heatwave last summer? :confused:

porsche959 wrote: »
    What heatwave last summer? :confused:

Are you for real? It was a killer here last year, weren't some temp records even broken around the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Weather was perfect today. Exactly the right level of heat and sun, loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am I alone and crazy in thinking the following :pac:

That I love when we have weather like this in the summer but I also love when it pisses down out of no where. :p It really cools the place down.

The best thing about the weather today?
    I'm not working today.

Suckaz!

:D

The best thing about the weather today?
    I'm not working today.

Suckaz!

:D

Defo wouldn't want to be working in this weather. :cool:

Scorchio!

mad muffin wrote: »

Certainly wouldn't. I've only about eight hours to do for the rest of the week. Luckily, I can do them when i feel like it.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly II

mad muffin wrote: »

I would, somewhere with air con.

• Advertisement

I would, somewhere with air con.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I loooove the good weather, absolutely love it.

But am now sitting in side an office, 20 yards from the nearest window and it is huimid and sticky as hell here today....so not enjoying it.
    But in 30 mins will be home and galavanting around the garden with my shirt off. (I am male BTW you perves!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I don't know how anybody could complain about a little bit of low 20's heat.
    Getting up for work on an ice-cold, dark December morning at 6am - now that is pure misery.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are you for real? It was a killer here last year, weren't some temp records even broken around the country?

Well, on consulting the meteireann site you are right. For some bizarre reason don't remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Zamboni wrote: »
    I don't know how anybody could complain about a little bit of low 20's heat.
    Getting up for work on an ice-cold, dark December morning at 6am - now that is pure misery.

Says the guy with the nick-name of an ice cleaning machine. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I don't know about you lot, but I was in Chad one or two years back, hit 50 most days there and we weren't allowed to exercise until half three in the afternoon when the temp was down to a cool 36.

The kitchens were the worst place, absolute hell.

Bring it on I say, keep it up till October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Did you know that women can legally walk around topless where I live?
    We even have nude beaches. :)

I have now decided to turn into a staunch feminist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Finally, a topic that units the xbox and playstation members of this community together. This to hot to play consoles, and I'm not risking that sun!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

kyub wrote: »
    Jesus fouking CHRIST this place is really going to the dogs.

It's the heat, man. Makes people plain crazy. I had an old woman throw her ice cream cone on the floor of the shop because I made it extra whippy and big for her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Jimmyie

old hippy wrote: »
    It's the heat, man. Makes people plain crazy. I had an old woman throw her ice cream cone on the floor of the shop because I made it extra whippy and big for her.

bahahhahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's the humidity that kills me:(

Met Eireann have issued a weather warning:

http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

High Temperature Warning for Connacht

Temperatures will reach highs of between 27 and 29 degrees during Wednesday.

Issued: Tuesday 17 June 2014 18:00
    Valid: Wednesday 18 June 2014 12:00 to Wednesday 18 June 2014 18:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

FFS it's not that hot, myself & the brother were in working in Djibouti & it averaged 40 degrees in the shade

Met Eireann have issued a weather warning:

http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

High Temperature Warning for Connacht

Temperatures will reach highs of between 27 and 29 degrees during Wednesday.

Issued: Tuesday 17 June 2014 18:00
    Valid: Wednesday 18 June 2014 12:00 to Wednesday 18 June 2014 18:00

To hell or to Connacht…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I sat out the back in work for one hour now I look like Harvey Two face

:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement