Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE HEAT, I feel liek I AM GOING INSANE...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Today was pretty warm....if only the sun burned the fat around my abs and not just the skin on top of them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Met Eireann have issued a weather warning:

http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

High Temperature Warning for Connacht

Temperatures will reach highs of between 27 and 29 degrees during Wednesday.

Issued: Tuesday 17 June 2014 18:00
    Valid: Wednesday 18 June 2014 12:00 to Wednesday 18 June 2014 18:00

Ah fcuk this fcuking cold. I want to go swimming. I'm drugged up on solpadeine and hot lemons. Coughing fits every 5 minutes.

A cold in the middle of summer, wtf?

I cant even enjoy this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly II

FFS it's not that hot, myself & the brother were in working in Djibouti & it averaged 40 degrees in the shade

40+ degrees and people can die of heatstroke, that's the ridiculous comparison you want to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Right you bunch of sun-kissed film buffs:

Name the classic, and no help from mister google;)

"Only in the hottest years this happens - and this year, it grows hot"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

40+ degrees and people can die of heatstroke, that's the ridiculous comparison you want to make?
    No comparison, just saying, it ain't that hot

That OK with you?

No comparison, just saying, it ain't that hot

That OK with you?

Sure we could all be on the surface of the sun, couldn't we.

Sure we could all be on the surface of the sun, couldn't we.
    No, that would be impossible

No, that would be impossible

Whooooooooosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Pretty sure the bus I got home this afternoon had the heating on,all windows open upstairs and it was still roasting hot.Made worse when we were stuck in traffic by the canal at Inchicore,and had to witness the youth of the area having a refreshing dip on one side,and people enjoying the sunny beer garden on the other.

Couldn't enjoy either anyway thanks to my hayfever I suppose,which is still at me even though I took 3 tablets today.

• Advertisement

It clearly is hot... Frankly nobody gives a flying f*ck about conditions out in Djibouti... For Ireland, it's pretty damn hot atm. I can assure most people are sunburned...how much hotter does it need to be? Jees some people are always negative just for the sake of it

It clearly is hot... Frankly nobody gives a flying f*ck about conditions out in Djibouti... For Ireland, it's pretty damn hot atm. I can assure most people are sunburned...how much hotter does it need to be? Jees some people are always negative just for the sake of it
    Calm down there Talib, the heat must be getting to ye hope you haven't got sunstroke :pac::pac::pac:

I gave a fúck about the conditions in Djibouti when I was out there, it was fúcking hot :p

Calm down there Talib, the heat must be getting to ye hope you haven't got sunstroke :pac::pac::pac:

Na I did a J1 in Death Valley digging for water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It really isn't though! Maybe it just isn't in Cork? I don't know. I still wouldn't go out in shorts and a tshirt...bit of a breeze! Haven't got sunburned either...

Na I did a J1 in Death Valley digging for water
    Now that's HOT :eek: ;):p

Lia_lia wrote: »
    It really isn't though! Maybe it just isn't in Cork? I don't know. I still wouldn't go out in shorts and a tshirt...bit of a breeze! Haven't got sunburned either...

It was windy in Cork today but it was also scorching.... I got burned today for the first time this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

FFS it's not that hot, myself & the brother were in working in Djibouti & it averaged 40 degrees in the shade

Just as well ye weren't working in the shade then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Just as well ye weren't working in the shade then.

I bet they didn't pay road tax either!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Just back from a run, I'm sweating buckets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

dodzy wrote: »
    Right you bunch of sun-kissed film buffs:

Name the classic, and no help from mister google;)

"Only in the hottest years this happens - and this year, it grows hot"..

Predator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It was warm I'd say today in swords north county Dublin, but it wasn't over-powering, there was a nice onshore breeze. Well until I got into the car and touched the steering wheel :eek: it burned my hand, but nothing a bag of frozen peas couldn't cool down, and off I went to the beach to ponder.

Last summer was a hot one though for sure. Now if you were outside today doing manual labour, then I'm sure it was damn hot and sweaty, and those boots will need decontamination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Got a lovely tan today :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I shared this thread with some family back in Texas. They said they were "Obliged for the entertainment". Y'all keep cool, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

What's to complain about? It's lovely out and we have plenty of crappy weather as it is! Plus, tanning potential!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Sitting on a wooden floor will probably cool you down.

Found that out today :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Sitting on a wooden floor will probably cool you down.

Found that out today :P

I remember last summer the dog was sprawled on the tiled kitchen floor and to cool down I lied down with her and the cold floor was lovely.

Met Eireann have issued a weather warning:

http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

High Temperature Warning for Connacht

Temperatures will reach highs of between 27 and 29 degrees during Wednesday.

Issued: Tuesday 17 June 2014 18:00
    Valid: Wednesday 18 June 2014 12:00 to Wednesday 18 June 2014 18:00

That's last summers muck. I'm in the west and not looking forward to it.

Reindeer wrote: »
    I shared this thread with some family back in Texas. They said they were "Obliged for the entertainment". Y'all keep cool, now.

That's brillant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It is rather uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I'm in the west and not looking forward to it.

The West is a horrible place alright. Too many culchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

The West is a horrible place alright. Too many culchies.

I love the wesht. I'm off to the Burren tomorrow, can't waaaaiiiiiittttt. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

My head was reddish-purple after 5-a-side earlier and I felt pukey while playing. My head was like a beetroot. Like a beetroot with eyes. Like a beetroot with eyes, a mouth a nose and fair hair.

You get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I'm pregnant and while I normally love this sunny weather I really found today tough! I am lying down now and still feel roasting :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The amount of sunburned people I saw today was ridiculous. If you're going to sit out in the sun wear sunscreen ffs. Is it just an Irish thing that a lot of people seem to think getting burned in the summer is a given and don't really seem to care if it happens or do much to prevent it?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The amount of sunburned people I saw today was ridiculous. If you're going to sit out in the sun wear sunscreen ffs. Is it just an Irish thing that a lot of people seem to think getting burned in the summer is a given and don't really seem to care if it happens or do much to prevent it?

YA HAVE TA GET BURNT TA PROVE YA WERE OUT IN IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

When it's like this its the most wonderful time of year..... You can stick Christmas up your jumper!

ceadaoin. wrote: »

There are people that have never bought sunblock in their lives, and just wouldn't consider it. It's plain ignorance more than anything.
    Karl Stein wrote: »
    My head was reddish-purple after 5-a-side earlier and I felt pukey while playing. My head was like a beetroot. Like a beetroot with eyes. Like a beetroot with eyes, a mouth a nose and fair hair.

You get the picture.

You earless freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Aww you poor Albino :(
    I'm fairly certain you don't have to be an albino to be affected by 25 degree heat.

Just in bed there and have just realised that tonight is going to be hell with my temporary lobster coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

this hayt is unbearable - im melting under the duvet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

I like the warm sunny days all the windows open people are happier and everywhere looks great but I really dislike the muggy hot nights when trying to sleep its so uncomfortable and sticky ffs a breeze would be nice

Hercule wrote: »
    this hayt is unbearable - im melting under the duvet

If you are to stand any chance, lay the duvet out and lie on it with a hollow sheet over you. Only way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

I was working in a cellar today,a ****in cellar,got to see the sun on my way to work and a bit on my way home!I'm off from tomorrow at 6 til next Monday and we better have some serious feckin weather or I'll be pissed off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I don't consider the weather warm until it goes above 35c and for me hot is 40c+, anything under 20c I consider cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'm too hot can't sleep :(

I know the dead-heat is in the west, mayo, ballyhaunis won't sleep tonight, but I love the clear sky nights when warm, because if you can't sleep because of humidity, bring the bed out to the back garden and relax in the breeze and sleep out for the night, it's mild enough.
    Try it, you will be hooked. Why sleep indoors sweating all night tossing and turning ? sleep outside and experience the real feeling of sleep with a slight breeze running over you. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I know the dead-heat is in the west, mayo, ballyhaunis won't sleep tonight, but I love the clear sky nights when warm, because if you can't sleep because of humidity, bring the bed out to the back garden and relax in the breeze and sleep out for the night, it's mild enough.
    Try it, you will be hooked. Why sleep indoors sweating all night tossing and turning ? sleep outside and experience the real feeling of sleep with a slight breeze running over you. :cool:

Yeah why bother sleeping bags and tents....just bring my WHOLE DOUBLE BED outside!! lol:p

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

Is your bed a matchbox or something? What do you just throw it out of your window?

Umadbrah? wrote: »
    Is your bed a matchbox or something? What do you just throw it out of your window?

I should have clarified my comment better...I'll put it in Layman's terms... I have a bed in my bedroom, and I have a mattress that is used for sleeping outside. Now do ye get me ;). You don't need to bring the whole bed out to the garden, just a good mattress and a duvet. I done this last summer as it was way too humid and it's great, not one mosquito bite at all :)

No offense but this reads like an inept rapist/murderer trying a new tack. Hey, let's try sleeping wide out in the open everybody. Seriously. It's just super great fun. *sharpens knives*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I'm not going to complain, I don't like the heat, so when it's warm I won't go outside from 12-5 at least, but like I said I'm not going complain because I was miserable last summer, this I can deal with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement