Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaslight Anthem 2014 Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

good stuff, playing a few other European gigs before those, so would expect a Dublin date to be added at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm guessing there'll be an irish date but i have always wanted to see the ally pally.......... Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

New album "Get Hurt" is out on August 19th, announced yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

blastman wrote: »
    New album "Get Hurt" is out on August 19th, announced yesterday.

Nice one. I would think that the Irish gigs have always done quite well so I presume they'll be back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I really hope they announce a Dublin date but don't they usually skip us on the first leg of their European tours? And come here when they loop back to Europe for some more gigs later in the tour?

They look to be booking bigger venues this tour so hopefully that doesn't affect our chances as we don't have a mid-sized venue.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    I really hope they announce a Dublin date but don't they usually skip us on the first leg of their European tours? And come here when they loop back to Europe for some more gigs later in the tour?

They look to be booking bigger venues this tour so hopefully that doesn't affect our chances as we don't have a mid-sized venue.

It's a horrible scenario, they can easily sell out 2 nights in the Olympia and probably a Belfast gig, but that's 3 days venue rental, security, merch sellers, Stewarts etc.... And the tours don't make a huge amount as is.

That said, I've met the lads a few times and they do enjoy coming here so hopefully. Definitely gonna hit up the UK for a gig or 3 though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well surely if Alt J can play the O2 then Gaslight will have no problem doing it, Although i can see top tier easily curtained off. Plus Jimmy Eat World are doing a few shows with them in America . Gaslight and Jimmy would def sell a few seats.

Well surely if Alt J can play the O2 then Gaslight will have no problem doing it, Although i can see top tier easily curtained off. Plus Jimmy Eat World are doing a few shows with them in America . Gaslight and Jimmy would def sell a few seats.

I could see it happening, but from a selfish point of view multiple nights mean multiple setlists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Seen them in NYC and Chicago, would love to see them over here. Hopefully date is announced soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Jimmy Eat World are doing a few shows with them in America . Gaslight and Jimmy would def sell a few seats.
    Deer Tick are the support for the confirmed Euro dates.
    deertickmusic.com/tour
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    they can easily sell out 2 nights in the Olympia and probably a Belfast gig
    Tickets were available on the day of the last Olympia dates.
    There was no Belfast gig that time, which was a disappointment as the previous tour concluded in the Ulster Hall (upgraded from Mandela Hall).

• Advertisement

ts_editor wrote: »
    Deer Tick are the support for the confirmed Euro dates.
    deertickmusic.com/tour

Tickets were available on the day of the last Olympia dates.
    There was no Belfast gig that time, which was a disappointment as the previous tour concluded in the Ulster Hall (upgraded from Mandela Hall).

There was a few upper circle tickets, but the standing tickets went pretty quickly. From what I understand, the big sticking point for them coming here is the lack of a 3-4000 cap arena, due to the logistics of travel etc..
    Hopefully it can be arranged. What's the biggest non odyssey area in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

hynesie08 wrote: »
    What's the biggest non odyssey area in Belfast.
    Guesstimates on my part ....

Odyssey Arena is 10,800 standing
    - Half Hall ~6000

Kings Hall ~8000 standing
    Tricky transport, no amenities. Better off in Odyssey.

Waterfront Hall ~2500 standing
    Not great for rock band. Lots of seats in wide horseshoe, too far from stage.

St George's Market ~2000
    Rarely used. Hosted a few gigs in the boom years.

Ulster Hall ~1800 standing

Mandela Hall is 1000

Grand Opera House is 1000

Limelight is 800

Ulster Hall would still probably do for Gaslight Anthem in Belfast, depending on Dublin gig/venue.

Advertisement