Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unintended consequences that work out well

• 16-06-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭

Up till recently in my bathroom all I had above the sink was a small wall mirror, the whole sink was cluttered up with toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving foam, etc. so I went out and bought a bathroom cabinet with shelves and mirror doors. I got the cabinet assembled and drilled anchors into the wall to secure it and was pretty happy with my handiwork, especially as the extra shelf storage meant that there was no longer random toiletries cramped all over the sink which had been wrecking my head.

Anyway a few days later I was in the shower, shaving my face blindly as usual and by complete accident I discovered that if I opened the cabinet door fully I suddenly had a full sized mirror to shave in, sweet! Only problem was it was always steamed up:( So I started cleaning the mirror with anti-fog cleaner for car windscreens and after a few layers on it the mirror now doesn't fog up at all and I can shave in a mirror proper without having to leave the shower :D

Its definitely a case of unintended consequences working out for the best. Anyone have something similar happen them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I asked a girl for a light in Coppers once.

Then I got the ride.

Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I asked a girl for a light in Coppers once.

Then I got the ride.

Classy.

That's a lot more effort than is usually required in Coppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I grew a beard and as an unintended consequence I no longer have to hang bathroom cabinets so I can shave in the shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

My much younger sister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

That's a lot more effort than is usually required in Coppers.

Hardest part is getting into the kip in first place. After that you just need to decide what your rather have
    Chlamydia or gonnarhea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hardest part is getting into the kip in first place. After that you just need to decide what your rather have
    Chlamydia or gonnarhea

(In the same tone as the Tracker Mortgage ads)
    I never made it to Coppers back in the day :o

Though from all I've read on Boards over the years that's probably a good thing

Advertisement