Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Excel Book

Options
  • 16-06-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good book on Advanced Excel such as VLookups, Macros etc., for Excel 2013?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good book on Advanced Excel such as VLookups, Macros etc., for Excel 2013?

No need for a book, those are skills easily learned using free online resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kneeelix

This could be of some use to you. Free too. :)
    http://alison.com/courses/Microsoft-Excel-2010/content

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Saipanne wrote: »
    No need for a book, those are skills easily learned using free online resources.

I know that. But I'm looking specifically for a book.

I never used a book myself, just learned on the job. But I've always found the For Dummies series to be excellent. What you describe aren't really advanced skills, and should be covered within those books,

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

excel for dummies will be the perfect reading companion to share your bowel movements with.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty proficient in excel, I'm looking to understand more about the advanced elements such as Vlookups etc. I need a book because it's for the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭PartnerSeeds

To be honest I wouldn't recommend just reading a book. It's better to have a goal or task in mind and try to solve it. I've gotten quite advanced in excel just using google

Thanks for completely ignoring my question everyone. I'll try elsewhere

You actually got a few responses.

Advertisement