Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****Leaving Certificate Technology H/O discussion, predictions, tears, facepalms ****

• 16-06-2014 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

So what trivial nonsense will we be asked this year?
      Will the controversial Salif Lemon Squeezer make a reappearance?
      Will internet trolling be a hot topic once again?
      Or the infamous "toy rocket"? (;))

Technology; the only subject where "Don't touch the 350°C soldering iron" will grant you full marks.

I'm terrified.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Do you think the “Facebook" will come up this year.

I still don't really grasp the theory :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Do you think the “Facebook" will come up this year.

I still don't really grasp the theory :(
    You bury your "face" in the "book" and study! :mad:

Don't ask MacBitch about that though! >_>

Ok, I'll be good now! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 deadpixel

I kind of like technology theory honestly, something nice about an exam where common sense and logic make up more of the questions than rote learning :) By far one of the easiest subjects in the leaving, ignoring the difficult practicial aspect..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

I made an absolute bollox of my project, D standard at MOST I need like full marks in the theory XD

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I've come to dread the bloody long questions. You practically need to write an essay on the benefits of a plastic they've only just told you about. A nice materials question would be the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Silver Sniper

Guys you know in the last part of the short questions there is usually a drawing and you have to use graphic techniques to enhance it? What do you do?

It says shading which is pretty self explanatory .. But what's rendering? Or coloring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Guys you know in the last part of the short questions there is usually a drawing and you have to use graphic techniques to enhance it? What do you do?

It says shading which is pretty self explanatory .. But what's rendering? Or coloring?

Colouring is just colouring, no? As in, you get a pencil, and colour....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Isn't rendering the collective term for shading, colouring, texture, etc. together?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Silver Sniper

Isn't rendering the collective term for shading, colouring, texture, etc. together?

What's texture then...?
    and how can you shade and colour at the same time?

What's texture then...?
    and how can you shade and colour at the same time?

Draw its shadow (showing the light source) and colour it in, that's what most people do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 AMG999222

Well what did we think of that ?

AMG999222 wrote: »
    Well what did we think of that ?

Tough for a technology exam, still grand though :p

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Tough for a technology exam, still grand though :p

The short questions were handy enough, section B took a lot of time though. What options did you do ?

The short questions were handy enough, section B took a lot of time though. What options did you do ?

ICT and Materials Technology.

For the transistor calculation in the short questions did you leave Ib and Ic the way they were or bring them both into the same unit?

ICT and Materials Technology.

For the transistor calculation in the short questions did you leave Ib and Ic the way they were or bring them both into the same unit?

That was the one and only short question I left out, just nope'd right past it. I did the same 2 options, the ICT question was terribly basic.

I did the same 2 options, the ICT question was terribly basic.

As usual :)

As usual :)

This is my fall back subject, so I really enjoyed it. What did you make for the project ?

Advertisement