Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperation Support Group for Men

Options
  • 16-06-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, can anyone be so kind as to tell me if there are any support for a Male that has gone through a legal separation and is have a problem moving on with his life. I have been to a lot of counselling but it all boils down to being able to get your head around the fact that the woman I was with for 37 years has now moved on herself and I am struggling to accept this.
    I live in the Tipperary area.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Have a look in the useful links thread at the top. There's a few in there. Might I also suggest you take up a hobby of some sort. Get out and meet people. If you mix with people it'll take your mind off stuff. Personally I'd look at it like this. "I always wanted to take up painting(could be anything) but because I had couple stuff to do with the ex I never got round to it, now I can."

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

In addition to the links, the GP might point you to the right direction, they might know of reputable councellors etc in your area. As ken said, hobbies etc are very good, look up Menshed in your area, they might have a few interesting things going on. http://menssheds.ie/find-a-shed-3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Photoman wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone be so kind as to tell me if there are any support for a Male that has gone through a legal separation and is have a problem moving on with his life. I have been to a lot of counselling but it all boils down to being able to get your head around the fact that the woman I was with for 37 years has now moved on herself and I am struggling to accept this.
    I live in the Tipperary area.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Try Meetup.com, be sure to expand the "within x miles" part of the search

Advertisement