Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date of seperation?

• 16-06-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My ex and I have basically been separated for the guts of a year during this time she moved out. We have divided our finances and pay individually for what is owing on the mortgage.

Some of the time we were not living apart , but living in separate rooms in the house due to financial reasons and the fact we couldn't sell the house at this point in time.

For the date of separation for divorce reasons can we put from the point where we separated our finances? If we both agree a date amongst ourselves (it's amicable) is that sufficient? At this point I just want to get out of the marriage as soon as possible. Wasted enough time already and I want to move on.

Looking for some non-legal advice from someone who has gone through it...

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Better here OP. For anyone who has followed this thread please review the local charter before posting.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think the clock starts ticking when you stop living as husband and wife. So you could be seperated but still be in the same house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Deleted.

Sorry.... Did not realise the consequences.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

lazeedaisy - please have a look at our charter. What you are suggesting here is not on, if discovered it could have very serious consequences for you and your divorce. Posting anything like that again in this forum will result in moderator action so please don't.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

My ex and I have basically been separated for the guts of a year during this time she moved out. We have divided our finances and pay individually for what is owing on the mortgage.

Some of the time we were not living apart , but living in separate rooms in the house due to financial reasons and the fact we couldn't sell the house at this point in time.

For the date of separation for divorce reasons can we put from the point where we separated our finances? If we both agree a date amongst ourselves (it's amicable) is that sufficient? At this point I just want to get out of the marriage as soon as possible. Wasted enough time already and I want to move on.

Looking for some non-legal advice from someone who has gone through it...

Cheers.

If you agreed the marriage was over, moved into separate rooms (i.e no longer as a couple) and separated finances, I would say that is the date you put on the agreement, regardless of if you were under the same roof, the separation had commenced well before ye moved out of the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement