Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone replacement battery

• 16-06-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

The battery in my iPhone 4s is totally flat. Was just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding buying a new battery for it? Wheres the best place to buy? Any catches/scam products?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Best bet is just buying a new one online.
    Syncron, an irish shop, have one here on eBay.

Less than 7€ delivered.
    Whatever you do don't go into a shop to get them to replace it for you, thats the catches/scam, with the amount they charge you for such an easy job.

If your not sure on how to replace it, heres an easy guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

i replaced battey on I phone 4 . now it isn't charging but says there is no sim card in it .

any idea's ?

figs666 wrote: »
    i replaced battey on I phone 4 . now it isn't charging but says there is no sim card in it .

any idea's ?

So the new battery is not charging and the iPhone is saying no sim also?

mcw92 wrote: »
    So the new battery is not charging and the iPhone is saying no sim also?

yes . the new battery isn't charging .
    it is saying no sim card

yes . the new battery isn't charging .
    it is saying no sim card

So how is the phone staying on if the battery is not charging?
    And you mean the screen is saying no sim card, when powered on, yes?

• Advertisement

So how is the phone staying on if the battery is not charging?
    And you mean the screen is saying no sim card, when powered on, yes?

yes . new battery had 17% charge on it

yes . new battery had 17% charge on it

Oks so, what happens when you connect the charger? Does is light up, sound, charger not supported, battery icon charging, etc. anything at all?
    Have you tried charging via a laptop/computer and a wall outlet.

As for the no sim, have u tried putting into airplane mode, on and off again.
    When you connected everything up after the battery, did you connect everything back as normal?

Did you make sure to connect this silver metal connector back up correctly?
    BMC2yUv3jOyjtQXQ.medium

EDIT
    Also in another post you mentioned how you were fixing a water damaged iPhone, is this the same phone?

Oks so, what happens when you connect the charger? Does is light up, sound, charger not supported, battery icon charging, etc. anything at all?
    Have you tried charging via a laptop/computer and a wall outlet.

As for the no sim, have u tried putting into airplane mode, on and off again.
    When you connected everything up after the battery, did you connect everything back as normal?

Did you make sure to connect this silver metal connector back up correctly?
    BMC2yUv3jOyjtQXQ.medium

EDIT
    Also in another post you mentioned how you were fixing a water damaged iPhone, is this the same phone?

three 3 wanted 170 euro saying it was waterdamaged but the litmus oaper
    indicators where still white when i opened it .

i replaced the connector properly .

when i go to charge it . it dosent light up . nothing . i used diffetent leads . into usb . still nothing . i used a old i pod lead and the screen did flash a message saying that this charger is incompatable

the orginal problem was it wasnt charging . i replaced the battery but it still not charging .

i am thinking now the port is suspect

three 3 wanted 170 euro saying it was waterdamaged but the litmus oaper
    indicators where still white when i opened it .

i replaced the connector properly .

when i go to charge it . it dosent light up . nothing . i used diffetent leads . into usb . still nothing . i used a old i pod lead and the screen did flash a message saying that this charger is incompatable

the orginal problem was it wasnt charging . i replaced the battery but it still not charging .

i am thinking now the port is suspect

Did you check these indicators for suspected water damage?
    HT3302-iphone_4-activated-001-mul.png

But water damage can cause numerous problems in the iPhone.
    Did you try 'wiggling' with the lead connected to the iPhone port?

Did you check these indicators for suspected water damage?
    HT3302-iphone_4-activated-001-mul.png

But water damage can cause numerous problems in the iPhone.
    Did you try 'wiggling' with the lead connected to the iPhone port?

yes i wiggled lead but i didnt know you about other indicators . thanjs dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Best bet is just buying a new one online.
    Syncron, an irish shop, have one here on eBay.

Less than 7€ delivered.
    Whatever you do don't go into a shop to get them to replace it for you, thats the catches/scam, with the amount they charge you for such an easy job.

If your not sure on how to replace it, heres an easy guide.

I don't have the correct tools and I'm not technically minded, so apart from the cost, is there any other reason why I shouldn't get my iPhone 4s battery replaced in one of the phone repair shops? I asked in 4 shops and got 4 prices ranging from €15 to €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

So I got the iPhone 4s battery replaced for €15, it took all of 5 mins. No problems with the phone since, I'm now charging it once every two days rather than twice a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The Miss's needs a new battery in her 4s think ill tackle it. What tools are needed? I seen theres a link posted as too where too get the battery was wondering if the tools come with it

I replaced battery and still won't charge , I then replaced the charging port 3.20 euros incl shipping . works a treat .

three mbile wanted 170 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

ado100 wrote: »
    So I got the iPhone 4s battery replaced for €15, it took all of 5 mins. No problems with the phone since, I'm now charging it once every two days rather than twice a day.

where did you get this done?

Hector122 wrote: »

You can buy them off ebay . Very easy to fit . Youtube battery replacemnt i phone 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

You can buy them off ebay . Very easy to fit . Youtube battery replacemnt i phone 4

any make I should look out for specifically?

Na . I put one for a fiver and its still working

Na . I put one for a fiver and its still working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

ado100 wrote: »

I'd like to know this as well, if Ado100 (or anyone) could recommend.

Focalbhach wrote: »
    I'd like to know this as well, if Ado100 (or anyone) could recommend.

Buy a battery off ebay .about a week to get one from england .

look up youtube video "Battery replacement i phone 4 "

Easy to fit .

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Some good advice here re battery replacement, before I go and buy a new battery just wondering if anyone has come across this issue before.

Last night phone was 95% before going to bed, woke up this morning and phone was dead, tried hard reset and no screen response, opened up back cover and disconnected battery for a minute and put back in but no luck either.

Funny thing is I have it in a docking station now and every 30secs or so it vibrates so that tells me there is power and maybe not the battery at fault. I replaced the screen last month and the top mic power switch so maybe something has come loose there.

Will take it all apart at work where I have better tools and see if it comes back to life after a rebuild. Any advice on anything else i could try ?

Advertisement