Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student credit card travel insurance

Options
  • 16-06-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

Im going away for 2 months this week (Turkey, India, Pakistan) and I have a student credit card. Do I need to inform BoI of when and where im going for the included travel insurance to be valid?

Also since ill be using my visa debit and credit card abroad do i need to inform BoI in case a stop is placed on my account (ive travelled a good bit before and its never happened, but it has happened to friends with different banks so thought id double check here)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Celtic Tiger,

Thank you for contacting us on board.ie

To ensure the Travel Insurance associated with your student Credit Card is active, please contact our Credit Card Services Team on 0818 251 251 where a representative can note the dates and destinations you will be travelling.

We would always suggest customers advise us of their travel intentions, as you correctly stated this avoids our security team placing a stop on an account should they notice any unusual activity. It is now possible to send this request through the "Travel Notification" option from the Online Service Desk which is available when you log onto BOI365 Online.

Alternatively please contact our BOI365 Team on0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to note this for you.

Have a safe trip and if we can assist you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cortez22

Hi,
    My daughter is travelling to Canada next week on a working visa and intends to stay there for 11 weeks of the Summer. One of the things that immigration insist on over there is valid travel insurance.
    She has purchased a Bank of Ireland Credit Card and availed of the travel insurance that comes with it
    Can you advise if this insurance will cover her and meet the requirements, given that she has not been asked to submit the exact dates of travel etc.? Also, what documents can she produce in the airport to prove she is insured?

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Cortez22 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My daughter is travelling to Canada next week on a working visa and intends to stay there for 11 weeks of the Summer. One of the things that immigration insist on over there is valid travel insurance.
    She has purchased a Bank of Ireland Credit Card and availed of the travel insurance that comes with it
    Can you advise if this insurance will cover her and meet the requirements, given that she has not been asked to submit the exact dates of travel etc.? Also, what documents can she produce in the airport to prove she is insured?

Thanks a million

Hi Cortez22, thanks for getting in touch.

Some of our credit cards come with free Multi Trip Travel Insurance. If you daughter has a student credit card, you can download the travel insurance brochure and policy details here.

This policy shows what's covered and the exclusions that apply. It's advisable that she reads this so she is familiar with the policy and to ensure that it meets her needs.

If she doesn't have a student credit card, please let me know what type of credit card she has and I'll be able to get you some more information.

If she needs a letter to confirm that she has travel insurance, she can send an Ask a Question through the 365 online service desk or call our credit card team on 0818 251 251.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola

Advertisement