Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lens Cleaning - advice please

• 16-06-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I use a Sigma 18-200mm f3.5/5.6 as my everyday lens. There is now a noticeable dust-spec in the inside of the front glass. Can anyone advise me on where I might get this cleaned and how much it may cost?

Thanks in advance,

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Got sorted by Declan in the Camera Repair Centre on Leinster Road in Rathmines. It was the sensor in the end, not the lens. Top man, very helpful and some great advice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,345 ✭✭✭✭phog

Got sorted by Declan in the Camera Repair Centre on Leinster Road in Rathmines. It was the sensor in the end, not the lens. Top man, very helpful and some great advice too.

Did he need to keep the camera or did he do it there and then?

How much?

Mine is in a bad way and I can't shift it.

phog wrote: »
    Did he need to keep the camera or did he do it there and then?

How much?

Mine is in a bad way and I can't shift it.

Contact details on www.camerarepaircentre.com. If it is the lens it will take a few days, but if you call beforehand he may be able to do a sensor-clean while you are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I use a Sigma 18-200mm f3.5/5.6 as my everyday lens. There is now a noticeable dust-spec in the inside of the front glass. Can anyone advise me on where I might get this cleaned and how much it may cost?

Thanks in advance,

John.

Is t affecting the photos? At a guess it may not even be a problem at smaller arpetures

No, it is ok on the smaller apertures, but he did also take a lot of dirt off the sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,345 ✭✭✭✭phog

Contact details on www.camerarepaircentre.com. If it is the lens it will take a few days, but if you call beforehand he may be able to do a sensor-clean while you are there.

Thanks.

Was in Dublin today and dropped him my camera after lunch, got a call after 4 that it was ready for collection..

Haven't tried it yet but he seemed happy he'd shifted the dirt.

Advertisement