Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cloud Hosting

Options
  • 16-06-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi, I have had many shared hosting accounts on multiple platforms / providers and currently have moved most of them to blacknight shared. However I am experiencing some problems with a few of these (random downtime, slowness etc) and when I asked your support, the answer was that nothing could be done and to move to a cloud / dedicated server. 

I am ready to purchase but just wondering if there is any support documentation for getting started. Or even if there is any youtube videos you could point me to that would get the server up and running. I know these do not come preconfigured so just stuff like setting up your own mail server, how to add domain names etc.

As for what platform I will put on the cloud i guess the CentOS with cpanel would be the best. I have used cpanel before so i guess adding domains/emails is handled with this but does that need to be configured? Also is this the platform that you would suggest for a beginner to dedicated/cloud.

Basically what is the difference between administration of a cloud hosting with cpanel and having a shared hosting account with cpanel. An example of the extras is updating the php version but what else is involved? 

I' am looking for advice from Blacknight but also interested in feedback from customers who have your cloud hosting accounts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

Unusual to not hear anything back from Blacknight. Normally your customer service is top notch

Still no reply. I was hoping to buy the cloud hosting today but if this is the support for cloud hosting I should expect then it puts concerns in my head. Very unlike Blacknight, the reason I have stuck with Blacknight for years is their support. 

PTL wrote: »
    Still no reply. I was hoping to buy the cloud hosting today but if this is the support for cloud hosting I should expect then it puts concerns in my head. Very unlike Blacknight, the reason I have stuck with Blacknight for years is their support. 
    Hi PTL,

Im very sorry for the lack of reply. For some reason we didnt receive the notification that someone posted here. I'll look into that straight away!

In the meantime, I hear that you query has been answered now.

If we can help with anything else please let us know :)

Hi Niamh,
      Thanks for getting back. I got onto your live chat sales on your website and talked to someone in sales who was very helpful and restored my faith in Blacknight support.

The solution (for others who might be facing the same concerns) is to just sign up for 1 month. That way you can also sign up for the support service for one month. After the month is up you can then decide if you like the platform, then sign up for the year or continue on the monthly payments and can do so without the support as the server should be fully setup by then, saving money but getting the support you need at the start.

Advertisement