Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22 year olds in secondary school ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

entropi wrote: »
    Just because someone sat the LC past the age of 18 or 19 doesn't mean a thing...I done it in a PLC college so I could go to 3rd level education. This would also be a reason that some parents could get a payment from social welfare if they qualify for it, they would have a child in full time 2nd level education (PLC counts as 2nd level).

It would be almost impossible to see a 22 year old student in a regular school unless they had a disability that made their progression a lot slower. A non-disabled student would be asked to try a PLC option once they are 19 or over.
    Candie wrote: »
    It's a school uniform payment.
    entropi wrote: »
    Reads thread title again...ugh!

I reckon it would be for an aforementioned reason: disabled student/s needing some extra years to finish second level education.

I have absolutely no idea what went on in these posts.

My dreams last night involved the leaving cert. I've only just copped it that it was probably because of this thread.

My dreams are even more boring than my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

There was a 30 year old guy in my LC year. Fair play to him!! He joined the army without a LC and decided to come back and do it. That takes some amount of balls! Fair jeuce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

chrissb8 wrote: »
    I went back to a secondary school kinda environment. There was a year exclusively for repeat students. I was 20 and one of the oldest. I would agree it was tough going I was out of school 2 years at that stage but thankfully I was left mostly to my own devices by the people who ran the year. Really though I found when I went back the ability to pay attention was so easy. How could it not be. Your future depended on it. Infact when I saw other 18/19 year olds dossing I just thought wow, If only they could take some time off and realise what an opportunity the leaving cert is.

The oldest in my year was a 24 year old which to me was a step too far, she left half way through the year. I'm 24 now and if I had to go back in to that environment I would probably go insane. Being in a secondary school isn't just about sitting the leaving it's about the social aspect as well and how well you can fit in to that. I dislike most 18/19 year olds who to me are mostly self centered and are too hung up on what people think and going nuts on drinking. I was once 18/19 not long ago and would say I was like that. Definitely recommend doing the leaving cert else where if your 22.

At 22 you could just work FT for a year,save as much as possible and go to college as a mature student either.Think I'd prefer that over doing the poxy LC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fishfarmer

Self respecting 18 year olds shouldn't be in school, let alone fecking 22 year olds!!

fishfarmer wrote: »
    Self respecting 18 year olds shouldn't be in school, let alone fecking 22 year olds!!

Why should 18 year olds not be in school?

Advertisement