Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircoach

Options
  • 17-06-2014 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

How long is Aircoach taking these days? I was told that its been going a longer route than it used to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

What time are you looking to take it at? Yes, it doesn't cross the dart at the Merrion gates now. It goes in through Ballsbridge and via the School house pub/hotel. A bit slower all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

FirstIn wrote: »
    What time are you looking to take it at? Yes, it doesn't cross the dart at the Merrion gates now. It goes in through Ballsbridge and via the School house pub/hotel. A bit slower all right.

Thinking of getting it at 16:06 at Lidl. As it says on the website, it is 1hr21mins

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Delganyman

Hi. It's a bit slower these days so allow two hours. I got the 8am a couple of weeks ago and it was 10am before it got to the airport. There's usually a lot of traffic through docklands and no bus lane.

Delganyman wrote: »
    Hi. It's a bit slower these days so allow two hours. I got the 8am a couple of weeks ago and it was 10am before it got to the airport. There's usually a lot of traffic through docklands and no bus lane.

Currently stuck on the road by the Maldron. Its about 30mins here now...50m or so from the quays. :(

I was stuck there as well in rush hour traffic. It's a strange routing when coming from as far out as Greystones. Surely the Sandyford or Dalkey coach could go through Docklands as its closer. The Greystones could go through Sandymount and out to the tunnel which would bring down the journey time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Its gone completely down hill since they changed the route. My visitors have taken between 2 to 2.5 hours to get to charlesland. I have had to start collecting visitors that would normally get the aircoach as i wouldnt want them having to sit on the coach for so long.

Jimjay wrote: »
    Its gone completely down hill since they changed the route. My visitors have taken between 2 to 2.5 hours to get to charlesland. I have had to start collecting visitors that would normally get the aircoach as i wouldnt want them having to sit on the coach for so long.

It took an extra 30mins but I felt like getting off at the Maldron and getting another bus but it would have been more of a pain and longer journey.

From Greystones you are better off getting the dart or 84x to Dublin and jump on the Dublin Bus 747 at Busarus.

With an annual bus and rail it's "free".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

From Greystones you are better off getting the dart or 84x to Dublin and jump on the Dublin Bus 747 at Busarus.

With an annual bus and rail it's "free".
    That's what I do, unless I have to be at the airport for an early morning flight, then there's not much option but to use the Aircoach.

I haven't used to go to the airport since the route change, but have used it to come home. The route makes no sense other than to appease those who lost the Ballsbridge service. On a night with little traffic it still took almost 2 hours to get from the Airport to Greystones.

I'd be reluctant to use it now unless there's no other option. Was planning to use it in a few weeks to get to the airport for holidays, think I'll bring the car now. 2 hours plus on a bus on a hot day doesn't exactly set you up for dealing with getting kids and a pram through security and a 4 hour flight!

I've been on a 13hr bus ride in Australia. the Air coach was more stressful. Late. Stupid route. No aircon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Eponymous wrote: »
    I'd be reluctant to use it now unless there's no other option. Was planning to use it in a few weeks to get to the airport for holidays, think I'll bring the car now. 2 hours plus on a bus on a hot day doesn't exactly set you up for dealing with getting kids and a pram through security and a 4 hour flight!

I looked into it for our holiday flight later in the summer - even factoring in tolls and petrol it worked out cheaper to drive and park, and from the sound of things it will be much much quicker. Nice business model Aircoach.

In fairness to Aircoach the route is too long but the coach was very comfortable. No problem with the aircon, comfy seats and wifi. If they could get it down to an hour and a bit, I'd use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'm not being a smart arse here but have any of you sent a quick e-mail giving them valuable feedback? I seriously doubt they come here.
    I agree with what is being said by the way. The route makes no sense at all. I stopped using when the original route was changed a few years back.

*** I do not work for this company.

LEIN wrote: »
    I'm not being a smart arse here but have any of you sent a quick e-mail giving them valuable feedback? I seriously doubt they come here.
    I agree with what is being said by the way. The route makes no sense at all. I stopped using when the original route was changed a few years back.

*** I do not work for this company.
    Of course! Did so at the time, just throwing my tuppence worth in here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Jimjay wrote: »

Agree, it was a much more usable service when they didn't go through the docklands IFSC. I assumed they changed the route to avoid the east link. Now it's the last thing I want to face if I arrive back in Dublin after working abroad all week....

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Anyone know long it takes now early morning? 3am?

3am to the airport. It will take what is shown on their website. Even though there is no traffic they have specific pickup times. Only after the last pickup spot can it deviate.

In other words you'll find yourself sitting and waiting at different locations as you go to keep to the timetable.

From the airport, an hour and 20 I'd guess.

3am to the airport. It will take what is shown on their website. Even though there is no traffic they have specific pickup times. Only after the last pickup spot can it deviate.

In other words you'll find yourself sitting and waiting at different locations as you go to keep to the timetable.

From the airport, an hour and 20 I'd guess.
    ...or the even more frustrating phenomenon of crawling along the N11 doing 40kmph. All to keep to a schedule that's more padded than the duration of your flight!

Eponymous wrote: »
    ...or the even more frustrating phenomenon of crawling along the N11 doing 40kmph. All to keep to a schedule that's more padded than the duration of your flight!

LDN Heathrow - Dublin Airport : 50 Mins
    Dublin Airport - Greystones : 90 Mins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Langerland wrote: »
    LDN Heathrow - Dublin Airport : 50 Mins
    Dublin Airport - Greystones : 90 Mins

Planes are generally faster than buses...

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    Planes are generally faster than buses...

Thanks for the insight Professor :) But 90 mins to whatever other people have experienced, 2 hours etc, is taking the proverbial..... :)

Advertisement