Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom to be bought out ?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

It seems Capcom had a meeting with its investors recently and there is a great possibility that Investors might open capcom which would leave either microsoft, nintendo or sony or a 3rd party company like Sega who recently been buying out companies like Atlus to buy more than 50% of Capcom I think it was.

Despite Capcom and there shaddy tactis among the consumers they still hold some of the best ips and most well known ips ever to gaming from Megaman to Resident evil.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/16/capcom-could-be-taken-over-if-shareholders-open-company/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

It seems Capcom had a meeting with its investors recently and there is a great possibility that Investors might open capcom which would leave either microsoft, nintendo or sony or a 3rd party company like Sega who recently been buying out companies like Atlus to buy more than 50% of Capcom I think it was.

Despite Capcom and there shaddy tactis among the consumers they still hold some of the best ips and most well known ips ever to gaming from Megaman to Resident evil.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/16/capcom-could-be-taken-over-if-shareholders-open-company/

ill be dissapointed if MS and Nintendo arent fighting like rabid dogs for capcom if this happens. making them a first party studio would ensure a load of exclusives for a console and good ones too. MS could break japan if they had Monster Hunter as an exclusive

I cant see sony going for it while they're attempting to offload most of the company

ofc it could end up in the hands of a 3rd party but i think capcom might be a bit to big for SEGA to take

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I would prefer it if Nintendo or Sony got it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

NTMK wrote: »
    ill be dissapointed if MS and Nintendo arent fighting like rabid dogs for capcom if this happens. making them a first party studio would ensure a load of exclusives for a console and good ones too. MS could break japan if they had Monster Hunter as an exclusive

I cant see sony going for it while they're attempting to offload most of the company

ofc it could end up in the hands of a 3rd party but i think capcom might be a bit to big for SEGA to take

Sega are quite healthy these days than in the past , unsure exactly how much but the recent profits in there arcade and digital games aswell as sega sammy pachiko machines I would not put it past them , they have acquired alot of studios last generation with spiral knights guys , relic entertainment , creative assembly , football manager studio and most recently atlus.

Whatever the case any company who has the funds and dont bother to persue if this happens to buy out capcom is silly. As you said games like monster hunter would be insane to pass up aswell as resident evil , megaman , street fighter (etc...)

I am very interested to see whata going to happen from here

Sega are quite healthy these days than in the past , unsure exactly how much but the recent profits in there arcade and digital games aswell as sega sammy pachiko machines I would not put it past them , they have acquired alot of studios last generation with spiral knights guys , relic entertainment , creative assembly , football manager studio and most recently atlus.
    Sega are doing fantastic but there is a big difference between buying a slew of studios over a 5-10 year period and settling their debts for 200mill and a takeover of a company a fifth of your value.

if they do it ill be impressed
    Whatever the case any company who has the funds and dont bother to persue if this happens to buy out capcom is silly. As you said games like monster hunter would be insane to pass up aswell as resident evil , megaman , street fighter (etc...)

I am very interested to see whata going to happen from here

Capcom IP's are enough to make it hugely interesting and its esp in nintendos interest for the sake of the Wii U

imagine if the wii U had DMC, SFV, DR4 as exclusives on top of what they have now

Sega are doing fantastic but there is a big difference between buying a slew of studios over a 5-10 year period and settling their debts for 200mill and a takeover of a company a fifth of your value.

if they do it ill be impressed

Capcom IP's are enough to make it hugely interesting and its esp in nintendos interest for the sake of the Wii U

imagine if the wii U had DMC, SFV, DR4 as exclusives on top of what they have now

It would be a nice boost for nintendo but just like with atlus Nintendo have this thing were they want the family brand image and usually fail to pursue studios.

Why almost I feel I hope it does not go to nintendo in a sense even though they are the most financially healthy along with Ubisoft.

I would like to see Platinum games make Devil May Cry games since most of the key guys over there made the game to begin with. Capcom in house is pretty dead why we see alot of 3rd party come and make the games for capcom.

even with the recent departure of Ono from Street Fighter you need a studio who has a record for fightning games ( street fighter ) platformers ( megaman ) horror ( resident evil ) devil may cry ( action ) monster hunter

Nintendo seems the safest bet but I do not think they invest that much into a bidding war

• Advertisement

It would be a nice boost for nintendo but just like with atlus Nintendo have this thing were they want the family brand image and usually fail to pursue studios.

Why almost I feel I hope it does not go to nintendo in a sense even though they are the most financially healthy along with Ubisoft.

I would like to see Platinum games make Devil May Cry games since most of the key guys over there made the game to begin with. Capcom in house is pretty dead why we see alot of 3rd party come and make the games for capcom.

even with the recent departure of Ono from Street Fighter you need a studio who has a record for fightning games ( street fighter ) platformers ( megaman ) horror ( resident evil ) devil may cry ( action ) monster hunter

Nintendo seems the safest bet but I do not think they invest that much into a bidding war

Nintendo have been taking more and more about aquisitions lately and with Ace Attorney and MH being somewhat nintendo exclusive nintendo have more to lose by doing nothing than the other two but also a ton to gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,764 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Megaman is a great IP but it's creators have left the company already.

Best $120 I ever threw at someone. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sony acquires CAPCOM

Devil May Cry 5 with Japanese dev team

gttbyi.jpg

Exclusive to PS4
    tvcvbf.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Let the Devil May Cry series rest in peace, it had a sometimes great but mostly alright run. Doesn't really matter when its proper sequel's sequel is a WiiU exclusive anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would love Sony to buy them off, won't happen though.

Imagine monster hunter games on vita and on PS4, not 3ds ffs...

• Advertisement

I don't get ya

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would like Sega to buy Capcom as it would suck to see Capcom go the way of Rare when Microsoft bought them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not sure on PS4 but on Vita Monster Hunter would be ****e, imagine having to use that damn rear touch pad instead of the circle pro, PS4 would be interesting to see.

Sony wont buy them they are still in the process off closing studios/ buildings and letting people go to fix there finances.

Possible buyers could be Nintendo, Sega , namco or amazon since amazon is trying to get into the gaming market themselves

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whoever buys it I hope they do another dragons dogma game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Whoever buys it I hope they do another dragons dogma game.

This!!!!!! +100

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Monster hunter would be near worthless to MS, what ever it can do on a home system it's place in on handheld. Unless they'd put it on win8 phones, which would suck.

I don't get ya

Exactly what I said. I played monster hunter 3 ultimate on 3ds, not because I like 3ds, but because it was the only option for me.

3ds is ass hardware wise and monster hunter series would benefit from being on ps vita or ps4.

Exactly what I said. I played monster hunter 3 ultimate on 3ds, not because I like 3ds, but because it was the only option for me.

3ds is ass hardware wise and monster hunter series would benefit from being on ps vita or ps4.

3ds is a great platform sure its not as powerful as the ps vita but it produces enough graphics wise to meet the eye. Its sony fault for not making a deal with capcom with the monster hunter series despite knowing monster hunter on the psp was the best selling game and the only game really mattered that pushed psp console in japan.

Sounds like you just want a more prettier monster hunter ?

3ds is a great platform sure its not as powerful as the ps vita but it produces enough graphics wise to meet the eye. Its sony fault for not making a deal with capcom with the monster hunter series despite knowing monster hunter on the psp was the best selling game and the only game really mattered that pushed psp console in japan.

Sounds like you just want a more prettier monster hunter ?

More power does not mean that the only thing dp to with it, is to make it pretty. You can make bigger game. And yes, I would love to get my monster hunter prettier.
    3ds has horrible screens, which makes everything look like ass, ancient touch screen, 3d, that nobody wants and on top of that, you need an attachment just to get a second analog stick.
    Monster hunter would be better off on ps vita then 3ds.

• Advertisement

More power does not mean that the only thing dp to with it, is to make it pretty. You can make bigger game. And yes, I would love to get my monster hunter prettier.
    3ds has horrible screens, which makes everything look like ass, ancient touch screen, 3d, that nobody wants and on top of that, you need an attachment just to get a second analog stick.
    Monster hunter would be better off on ps vita then 3ds.

Touch screen is a touch screen and I never played a monster hunter game to know if it takes advantages of such features.

I say there be more people who wanted 3d than the touch back pad on the ps vita.

3ds is the best selling handheld and 2nd best platform just behind the ps4 so in reality it is better on a system that people actually want than the dead ps vita which if we take in from sony e3 pretty much confirms it.

Touch screen is a touch screen and I never played a monster hunter game to know if it takes advantages of such features.

I say there be more people who wanted 3d than the touch back pad on the ps vita.

3ds is the best selling handheld and 2nd best platform just behind the ps4 so in reality it is better on a system that people actually want than the dead ps vita which if we take in from sony e3 pretty much confirms it.

I don't care about touchscreen on the back, but front touchscreen is on par with latest phone touchscreens. It works well and is handy. 3ds touchscreen is from ancient times, where you still have to use stylus or a top of your nail. It's annoying. Second screen is a very very handy feature on 3ds even in monster hunter, but it is ass to use.

I am not talking about which handheld has its dick sucked more. And we all know 3ds is the one getting that right now. Fair play to them, but when we compare hardware 3ds is a **** and annoying, wheres vita has all the hardware but no mario or Zelda on it.

Bring game like monster hunter to ps vita and it will challenge 3ds. So I will say it again, monster hunter would be way better off on ps vita.
    I am not comparing both Handhelds in how their doing right now or which has better games. Nintendo is winning that race right now and fair play. Just no need to get upset, when people say their opinion about ninty, and,that opinion is not " I love nintendo more then I love sex".

I don't care about touchscreen on the back, but front touchscreen is on par with latest phone touchscreens. It works well and is handy. 3ds touchscreen is from ancient times, where you still have to use stylus or a top of your nail. It's annoying. Second screen is a very very handy feature on 3ds even in monster hunter, but it is ass to use.

I am not talking about which handheld has its dick sucked more. And we all know 3ds is the one getting that right now. Fair play to them, but when we compare hardware 3ds is a **** and annoying, wheres vita has all the hardware but no mario or Zelda on it.

Bring game like monster hunter to ps vita and it will challenge 3ds. So I will say it again, monster hunter would be way better off on ps vita.
    I am not comparing both Handhelds in how their doing right now or which has better games. Nintendo is winning that race right now and fair play. Just no need to get upset, when people say their opinion about ninty, and,that opinion is not " I love nintendo more then I love sex".

lol Love that last comment :pac:

I much prefer monster hunter and pretty much all 3rd party games on all consoles.

I hope vita does well but the bloody thing when they announced persona 4 golden but it becomes incredibly frustrating its treated as a peripheral than its own device. Lcd on the vita takes a massive piss on the 3ds which makes indie games on it colours really pop.

should be noted before I become the ninty fanboy image here I like Sony more than nintendo and was more of a Sega guy back in the day than Nintendo.
    only nintendo franchises I like are zelda and metroid really.
    I am not a Mario guy at all.

:D

Did capcom say they were working DD 2 Or that there would be a a 2nd game?

Did capcom say they were working DD 2 Or that there would be a a 2nd game?

I think they stated in the past they would consider a sequel

ah you see the same thing for sony and MS tbf

the sony defense force being espicially bad atm esp when the vita is criminally neglected as a piece of hardware and sony and sony alone are to blame for it

MS fanboys are still in the denial phase (youd love some of the comments regarding the console specs and high end pcs)

Ninty fanboys are still hoping for nintendo to pull their finger out

Us Sega fanboys are still mourning the death of its hardware

Monster hunter would be fantastic on the vita no one in their right mind would disagree but when the 3DS is cheaper to develop for and has better returns due to market share, it makes zero sense for devs to choose the vita over it esp when sony dont even care

on the bright side MH frontier G might get a western release

ah you see the same thing for sony and MS tbf

the sony defense force being espicially bad atm esp when the vita is criminally neglected as a piece of hardware and sony and sony alone are to blame for it

MS fanboys are still in the denial phase (youd love some of the comments regarding the console specs and high end pcs)

Ninty fanboys are still hoping for nintendo to pull their finger out

Us Sega fanboys are still mourning the death of its hardware

Monster hunter would be fantastic on the vita no one in their right mind would disagree but when the 3DS is cheaper to develop for and has better returns due to market share, it makes zero sense for devs to choose the vita over it esp when sony dont even care

on the bright side MH frontier G might get a western release

Dreamcast for life b1tches :L

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You wouldn't be saying that if you were unfortunate enough to have bought or have your parents buy a mega cd and 32x.....

BloodBath wrote: »
    You wouldn't be saying that if you were unfortunate enough to have bought or have your parents buy a mega cd and 32x.....

Would hve loved to have a mega cd with snatcher and lunar :(

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »

i had both great for keeping dust bunnies thankfully we got them for free but ya £500 was no small change

but this is why i love sega more than any other company. They made decisions that made no sense in any ****ing way. it was like they were on acid

"oh it looks like nintendo are releasing a new console. you know what makes sense releasing an expansion that costs more than the SNES and follow it up with another equally expensive piece of kit"

and then theres the saturn release in NA with the anouncement the day of release that its out

it takes a special kind of stupid/insanity to do the things they did and i love them for it

Advertisement