Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom to be bought out ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seeing as Disney own Marvel now what are the chances of Disney buying capcom, thinking in terms of Marvel vs Capcom franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Seeing as Disney own Marvel now what are the chances of Disney buying capcom, thinking in terms of Marvel vs Capcom franchise.

disney arent that interested in in-house development by the looks of things they offloaded most studios and effectively closed lucasarts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

NTMK wrote: »
    disney arent that interested in in-house development by the looks of things they offloaded most studios and effectively closed lucasarts

But they'd own the rights to all the characters.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

If they are to be bought out please let it not be one of the 3 console makers. No way in hell I'm buying a Wii U to play Street Fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,763 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Azza wrote: »
    If they are to be bought out please let it not be one of the 3 console makers. No way in hell I'm buying a Wii U to play Street Fighter.

Maybe you will, the culture for Smash Bros Wii U is astoundingly large.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Overheal wrote: »
    Maybe you will, the culture for Smash Bros Wii U is astoundingly large.

Capcom vs Smash Bros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Valve should buy them and make the titles steam box exclusive.. That's their way into the console game..

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I can happily live without Smash bros or some novelty cross over clap trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was watching a podcast on youtube from Pat the Nes Punk.
    Kinda of a Marmite kinda character. I like the podcast's he does with Ian (something cant remember his surname right now) and some of the pickup videos but the other stuff were he trys to be funny imo is just awful.

The reason I mention him at all was in one of his recent podcasts he talks about Capcom. I knew they werent doing particularly well but it sounds like they're essentially up for sale.
    The two lads talked about the idea of Nintendo maybe as a potential buyer along with Microsoft or even the likes of another developer like EA for example.
    When talking aout Nintendo they brought up the exclusivity of certain franchises that it'd bring like Street Fighter and that people who wanted to play it would have to buy a Wii U.

Its an interesting thought. I've no idea how likely it'd be. I dont really follow this type of thing that closely but yeah an interesting thought.

I hope Microsoft dont buy them or the likes of EA for that matter. They're the only others they mentioned just down to buying power I suppose.

I'm trying to think of big Capcom exclusives. Monster Hunter is capcom isnt it? Street Fighter obviously. Resident Evil, not much pulling power from that anymore. One of xbox's exclusive Dead Rising?

Anyway whats everyones thoughts?B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It depends on how much Capcom owe. remember you're not just buying them, you're buying their debt as well. it's also posible that other publishers are waiting for Capcom to be liquidated and will scoop up the IP rights in the resulting auction, maybe even the brand name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It depends on how much Capcom owe. remember you're not just buying them, you're buying their debt as well. it's also posible that other publishers are waiting for Capcom to be liquidated and will scoop up the IP rights in the resulting auction, maybe even the brand name.

Capcom had, at the end of 2013, 152 million in the bank.

The saw large losses in the console gaming market but huge gains in the mobile market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

folan wrote: »

Sorry about that. Didnt see the other thread.

Advertisement