Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos HomeGuard DIY CCTV Kit

Options
  • 17-06-2014 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi!

What are your opinions about Argos 500GB HomeGuard DIY CCTV Kit?

Price wise pretty much in the right ballpark (I can't and won't spend hundreds of euros for home CCTV ) but I can spare a few extra quid if needed.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cheap and cheerful. With CCTV you get what you pay for. There are no bargains.
    If there is an incident the images will probably be unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

I too was considering the storage options systems from powers city with the 600TVL cameras and 500gb DVR.

What are people's experience/opinions on this system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

KoolKid wrote: »
    Cheap and cheerful. With CCTV you get what you pay for. There are no bargains.
    If there is an incident the images will probably be unusable.

Do you own this particular CCTV kit or did you saw it working somewhere?
    Can you be more specific about "If there is an incident the images will probably be unusable" part,please.
    Would it be DVR what gives a problem or cameras?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    Do you own this particular CCTV kit or did you saw it working somewhere?
    Can you be more specific about "If there is an incident the images will probably be unusable" part,please.
    Would it be DVR what gives a problem or cameras?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

That is my opinion of it as a professional licenced installer. It's all down to frame rates and record quality.
    If recorded images are not digitally watermarked and recorded images can be deemed inadmissible as evidence of any incident or event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    That is my opinion of it as a professional licenced installer. It's all down to frame rates and record quality.
    If recorded images are not digitally watermarked and recorded images can be deemed inadmissible as evidence of any incident or event.

I agree with KoolKid, please be aware of that old saying, you pay for what you get.

P's I am also a licensed professional installer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

No point if the gear you get is poor quality

Easy say it was CGI'd if its poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Watermark explanation by licensed professional installer and few monkey videos helped a lot!

Argos CCTV kit is basically no-no as I want to get what I will pay for!

Thanks guys !

Your welcome. Look around some of the suppliers listed in the sticky. You will get better value there.

Advertisement