Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics for excel tutorials. Intermediate level audience

Options
  • 17-06-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

I need some inspiration.

I'm planning to run some excel sessions with my department in work to teach them some useful methods to get them from casual excel users to perhaps moderate-advanced.

I work as a business analyst focusing mainly on data analysis. I've been working with excel for a long time now and would consider myself to be a fairly advanced user but I've never taught it so I'm sure what best to cover.

As a start, I plan to go over topics like:
    • Pivot Tables
    • VLookups
    • Conditional Formatting
    • LEFT/RIGHT/TRIM functions
    • Selecting visible cells only to copy when filtering
    • Text to columns
    • Simple Formatting (wrap text, merge/center)
    • Different paste types

This is just a brain dump but if you guys can suggest anything obvious I'm missing or any topic you think is useful it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nothing about charts or graphing? Lot of depth to potentially cover with graphs that are outside of base-10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Overheal wrote: »
    Nothing about charts or graphing?

Good call - This is exactly why I asked the question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Importing data in/out to a text file.
    Maybe a simple macro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

sumifs, countifs

Advertisement