Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I had a crash today.

• 17-06-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I very dothery lady pulled across my and we collided.
    Called the guards and she admitted liabilty in front of a garda myself and the girlfriend.
    Details were exchanged and nobody was seriously injured.
    On my way to the doctor now but it's just a pain in my wrist.
    What should I expect as money for my bike and time to get things sorted? (also i'll attach some photos would you consider it a right off?).
    Is there anything i need to do that i may have forgotten?

pics to follow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry to hear that Andy, forget the bike and get the wrist seen to. It usually a few days after a crash that the body settles down and injuries become apparent. Your insurance will sort out the bike so dont worry about it.....

Once you have her details it will be sorted. Dont forget to replace your "LEATHERS" and "HELMET" you had on too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

Thanks wondaboy, I am very aware of how lucky i am to walk away from it!

too may images too upload.
    but basically headlights, all front fairings, one wing mirror, one handle bar snapped, one foot peg snapped, on indicator (aftermarket). and an image to be uploaded showing where the engine casing is damaged but it's no an image of my bike.
    And I have no idea what the condition of the forks is but the got the brunt of the impact.
    If someone could name what is in the image that would be great for my info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you're ok!

I'm not sure if it's wise to discuss an ongoing case on an open forum. I'm not legal pro, just going off what I've seen in similar threads.

The insurance company will access the bike and see if it's a write off. The frame could be bent, etc.

You may not see any money for a few years. So you'll probably have to fork out up front if you want to get yourself back on the road. Hopefully you'll want to be back soon. Be sure to document any time off work, missed holidays, etc as part of the claim too.

You could be right The Don.
    Could a mod delete this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Sorry for your troubles, anyone you walk away from is a good one

Don't worry about your bike, insurance will cover it

You take it easy now & heal up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If it's personal injury aswell, you should get a solicitor and let them sort it. You'll be given the runaround by the insurance company going to doctors left right and centre and you mightn't see a penny for a few years.
    If it's just the bike and gear it's a lot sooner. When I had an off the woman admitted liability and I got my estimate done, after about 2 months I ended up ringing them every day. Got the check within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Sorry 2 hear that Andy

Hope u get everything sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Glad to hear you walked away, now just take it easy and look after you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Sorry to hear about it dude, could have been much worse. Glad you're ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No need to delete the thread Andy, just dont give specific details. Its perfectly okay to discuss the damage of the bike etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorry to hear :<

hope all gets sorted for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Hope your ok man! Was the girlfriend on the bike with you??

I deal with insurance companies all the time, they normally pay out for the vehicle very quick when there is not a dispute over liability then focus on the personal injury if there is any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Don't do anything at all to it until it gets assessed - no good to the assessor if its a pile of pieces all over the floor

aaakev wrote: »
    Hope your ok man! Was the girlfriend on the bike with you??

I deal with insurance companies all the time, they normally pay out for the vehicle very quick when there is not a dispute over liability then focus on the personal injury if there is any.

no, thank christ she was a length or two ahead in the car and has been my driver all day.
    I have never taken a pillion :)
    I hope it is dealt with in a speedy fashion.
    Do i wait for someone to contact me about getting it assessed?
    or should i be working on getting it sorted ? its at home in the garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Jesus man, I started a thread saying if you drive a bike, you will have an off, I was only messin, no need to take it literally :D

Which wrist got it by the way?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90872104&postcount=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

no, thank christ she was a length or two ahead in the car and has been my driver all day.
    I have never taken a pillion :)
    I hope it is dealt with in a speedy fashion.
    Do i wait for someone to contact me about getting it assessed?
    or should i be working on getting it sorted ? its at home in the garage.

Lucky enough iy was juat you and not her to worry about too!

Call your insurance company and tell them what happened and give them all her details and insurance details, do this asap and if you have not done so already get to a garda station and make a report. Insurance company will deal with it all for you, its what you pay them for ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Sorry to hear about you crash. As everyone else said, rest up and let the insurance do its thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Sorry to hear about your crash. It's no fun coming off them but sometimes it's unavoidable.

The body is prob sore this morning. Rest up and try not to worry about the bike it will get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

normally the insurance company will be in contact with an independent assesor, who will get in contact with you about viewing the bike.

Jesus man, I started a thread saying if you drive a bike, you will have an off, I was only messin, no need to take it literally :D

Which wrist got it by the way?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90872104&postcount=1

the right hand (that's my favorite hand too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

You have a pm... hopefully it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Don't worry I'm sure your misses will sort ya 💪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Hi. Sorry to hear about your crash. As for the question at the start of the thread the part in the image is a Pickup rotor cover. Feel better soon and hope all gets sorted with your bike/insurance.

^^^
    2 years on boards, and this is your first post! I tip my hat to you sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sorry to hear about your off, hope you feel better soon and are back on the road shortly.

^^^
    2 years on boards, and this is your first post! I tip my hat to you sir!
    Haha yea I know!! I intend to post at least a few more this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Haha yea I know!! I intend to post at least a few more this year!!

You'll wear your keyboard out at this rate.

You'll wear your keyboard out at this rate.

Haha more than likely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

briefly... i was in crash last year... similar.. lady driver didnt use mirrors and knocked me off my cruiser. bike totaled over 4,5k damage + gear worth 1800... in short.. you have to go to hospital or gpand get a report and keep calling the insurance company of the driver who cause the accident.

in short. i called gards, insurcance company on scene... to find out later that the lady had no tax and the car was insured on her boyfriend... anyway - she was a daugther of some higher rank police officer.. she filled a claim and i actualy lost the case as well as well as mine 4y no claim bonus. i got paid for all thanks to fully comp insurance i had.. but the point here is get all writen and dont let "them" do the job for you. dont trust anybody and get solicitor involved asap. i swear the gards were like taking all details and statements from witnesses but somehow they didnt provide them at later stage... horrible...

seriously its not a joke.. and the gards wont help you... for me they came they took all the details and they told me tht all has been filed and i should have call them next day.. next day they were playing dead saying they will be in touch with insurance company... at the end of the day the gards refused to provide statement at all...

well... once again get a solicitor and follow his instructions... its not a joke..

just to mention.. Liberty increased my car insurance by 600e as well in this year saying that they have the right to adjust the quote... even tho i was asured by assesor that motorbike and car policy are separate... so they will get the money they paid back in no time...

• Advertisement

^^
    \you'ld wonder why we bother paying insurance,:mad:

Advertisement