Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I had a crash today.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Sorry to hear about your crash mate!

Have you thought about getting a loss assessor to find out exactly what your entitled to

That is there job and will go through every little detail

I no one personally and if you want his details let me no and I will pm them to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Bikerguy wrote: »
    briefly... i was in crash last year... similar.. lady driver didnt use mirrors and knocked me off my cruiser. bike totaled over 4,5k damage + gear worth 1800... in short.. you have to go to hospital or gpand get a report and keep calling the insurance company of the driver who cause the accident.

in short. i called gards, insurcance company on scene... to find out later that the lady had no tax and the car was insured on her boyfriend... anyway - she was a daugther of some higher rank police officer.. she filled a claim and i actualy lost the case as well as well as mine 4y no claim bonus. i got paid for all thanks to fully comp insurance i had.. but the point here is get all writen and dont let "them" do the job for you. dont trust anybody and get solicitor involved asap. i swear the gards were like taking all details and statements from witnesses but somehow they didnt provide them at later stage... horrible...

seriously its not a joke.. and the gards wont help you... for me they came they took all the details and they told me tht all has been filed and i should have call them next day.. next day they were playing dead saying they will be in touch with insurance company... at the end of the day the gards refused to provide statement at all...

well... once again get a solicitor and follow his instructions... its not a joke..

just to mention.. Liberty increased my car insurance by 600e as well in this year saying that they have the right to adjust the quote... even tho i was asured by assesor that motorbike and car policy are separate... so they will get the money they paid back in no time...

I find that hard to believe to be honest or maybe your just not explaining it very well?

Your insurance company will fight your corner because it is in their interest. Guards daughter or not If the guards were asked to provide documents relating to an accident and didnt then you make a complaint simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bikerguy wrote: »
    briefly... i was in crash last year... similar.. lady driver didnt use mirrors and knocked me off my cruiser. bike totaled over 4,5k damage + gear worth 1800... in short.. you have to go to hospital or gpand get a report and keep calling the insurance company of the driver who cause the accident.

in short. i called gards, insurcance company on scene... to find out later that the lady had no tax and the car was insured on her boyfriend... anyway - she was a daugther of some higher rank police officer.. she filled a claim and i actualy lost the case as well as well as mine 4y no claim bonus. i got paid for all thanks to fully comp insurance i had.. but the point here is get all writen and dont let "them" do the job for you. dont trust anybody and get solicitor involved asap. i swear the gards were like taking all details and statements from witnesses but somehow they didnt provide them at later stage... horrible...

seriously its not a joke.. and the gards wont help you... for me they came they took all the details and they told me tht all has been filed and i should have call them next day.. next day they were playing dead saying they will be in touch with insurance company... at the end of the day the gards refused to provide statement at all...

well... once again get a solicitor and follow his instructions... its not a joke..

just to mention.. Liberty increased my car insurance by 600e as well in this year saying that they have the right to adjust the quote... even tho i was asured by assesor that motorbike and car policy are separate... so they will get the money they paid back in no time...

Here's another one for you..
    A guard's wife knocked down my sister and her daughter.
    She indicated to turn off and then changed her mind.
    It was in the middle of a town and there was a lot of witnesses.
    She said she couldn't see with the sun shining in her face.
    The guards came and told her to shut up.

About a month later my sister got a letter from the guards saying there would be no action taking against the driver.
    Surely if you can't see because of the sun, you should stop!
    You don't just drive on and guess there is nothing in front of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

LOL, the guards really are a waste of space. I said it before on here, copeyhagen (user on here) had his bike robbed, the security man in the apartment complex put all the recorded footage onto a DVD. Gardai didn't even look at it, not interested at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

blade1 wrote: »
    Here's another one for you..
    A guard's wife knocked down my sister and her daughter.
    She indicated to turn off and then changed her mind.
    It was in the middle of a town and there was a lot of witnesses.
    She said she couldn't see with the sun shining in her face.
    The guards came and told her to shut up.

About a month later my sister got a letter from the guards saying there would be no action taking against the driver.
    Surely if you can't see because of the sun, you should stop!
    You don't just drive on and guess there is nothing in front of you.

details about my accident to clear it out. It happened at 10pm. no sun or anything like that, perfect visibility and i WAS WEARING HIGH-VIZ VEST!!!!! it happened on swords road in dublin. lady didnt use indicators at all and took me down and dragged my bike for few meters, without even raealising i was under....

and to explain it once again.

i went down. gards came, took al details asked me if i am ok. i was but the bike wasnt. i was almost arested because the lady (26y old) had no tax on the car and she didnt have any insurance details with her. and the guards just told her to park the car on the parking near the hotel and send her home walking i was going mental, as that was very unusual. i took all her details and i was asured by gards that all has been filed and they have verbaly verified on the spot that the lady driver caused the accident and it was more then clear.and told me to not to worry the speed was no more then 40kmh but i went under the car ... the bike was in bits.

i called insurance right away... the next day 3th party assesor contacted me and made all documentation necesary including the pics of the accident place. as there were visible marks on the road from the draging the bike.. and you could clearly see how it happened. she was the one who caused that... i had no fault what so ever.

about week later i started to be worried as my assesor contacted me and told me that the gards are refusing to provide any kind of statement as there was no harm on health and its a civil matter. The insurance company of the car refused to participate on the accident and they filed a claim against. i lost the case, as it was word against word and she was saying complete different story how it happened, as the gards did nothing i was trying to contact themn on my own i was told several times the officer dealing with it was first on holidays, then off duty and then busy.. i never get on him directly..

i was sitting on cruiser going easy and she was on VW golf GT.. at later stage the assesor came to my house in Balbriggan and i have been told that its unusual and it smells but she gave me only 2 otpions. 1. take the broken bike and repair it myself.. or simply claim it against my policy and loose no claim bonus.

facts. the gards refused to give any details or statements or even details of witnesses.
    they let the lady driver basicaly walk away of it with nothing...

it was very frustrating as the bike had only 5k on the clock and it was visualy new. i was going nuts...

believe or not this is how its happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

aaakev wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe to be honest or maybe your just not explaining it very well?

Your insurance company will fight your corner because it is in their interest. Guards daughter or not If the guards were asked to provide documents relating to an accident and didnt then you make a complaint simple as.

i tried to explain it once again. check the post before

Advertisement