Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite Character (Season 4) NO BOOK DISCUSSION See post #1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Varys
    calex71 wrote: »
    Degag all you are serving to do here is further derail you own thread by backseat modding, if you wish this thread to be for discussion of the show only please edit the OP and thread title so that it is clear to all, if you can't do that let me know and I will modify it for you.

I can't seem to edit it, can you edit it please?

Apologies, the last thing I wanted to do was derail anything, I was purely trying to make sure that nothing was unnecessarily spoiled for non book readers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Edited OP and title.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Varys
    Missandei for me, or maybe the Hound. But mostly Missandei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

Jorah Mormont
    Missandei for me, or maybe the Hound. But mostly Missandei

go to 0:10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
    Oh so many…but to whittle it down:

Tywin – in so many ways, he was the most kickass character. If ever there was a man able to sit on the Throne, pun intended, it was Tywin. He was smarter than most, very political, extremely ruthless, feared and yet you understood his goals.

Tyrion – the man, the legend. So much like his father, but with a more human side. A split character. He’s a drunk, very clever, he makes good and bad choices. Very privileged, and yet a second class citizen.

The Hound – the man should have his own quote book. Again a split character. Part killing machine, but like Tyrion, there is more to him than meets the eye.

Arya – who doesn’t love Arya? “Stick ‘em with the pointy end”.

Varys – I’d love to see an entire episode from his perspective.

Bronn – just like the Hound, a split character, who should have his own quote book.

Daenerys – pardon another pun, but she’s like a mini volcano, that hasn’t quite worked out how to blow up yet. Unlike Tyrion, she isn’t privileged in a wealthy sense, just in her name. But just like him, she has been treated like a second class citizen.

So many well written characters, and there is the problem. For me the most interesting character should have a huge arc that challenges them and takes them in whole new directions.

Bronn and the Hound, are fairly set in stone. Strong fighting men, that show little respect to authority, who aren’t given enough credit for their brains. And that is pretty much it.

Tyrion, Arya and Daenerys have a far more interesting story arc. It still isn't clear whats going to happen to them. Their characters have a lot more fleshing out to do. Too difficult to decide. Each have had great scences: Tyrion: “There are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!” Daenerys: “A man who fights for gold can't afford to lose to a girl.”. And as I already mentioned, Arya: “Stick 'em with the pointy end”.

Today I'll go with Arya. Tomorrow I might think differently :D

Advertisement