Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tawdy RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

People did try to help him, he was put up in a house, but that didn't work out, I wont go into why it didn't work out. You are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

People took the piss out of him for years though didn't they? Putting flags in his hand etc and taking photos? Anyone claiming this was out of respect or that he loved sport is deluded.

He was left to rot on the side of the road by a community who now claim he was a local "legend/icon/treasure". The truth hurts.

RIP

That's no true, A close friend of tawdys who was a franciscan , said tawdy had chosen that way of life and liked it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So, many show up for the funeral in the end?
    Curious how many people cared about the man they called a legend etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

By all accounts there was a big turn out, in addition to SEVEN priests and a Bishop. The man must have devoted his life to helping sick children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Why don't people just tell the truth about what he really was instead of being hypercritical he actually was not a nice person and would piss in your face and got a lot of chances that other people didn't get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Right, I think this thread has clearly ran it's course. To some, he was a gentleman, while to others he was the opposite. That's the way life rolls. I was never a fan of speaking ill of the dead, and I think even aside from that there is no further this thread can offer. The chap has passed away and has been buried now. Let the man Rest in Peace.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement