Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yu-Gi-Oh?

• 17-06-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, new here and noticed that this section is quite dead. I've recently gotten back into Yu-Gi-Oh and i was wondering if anyone still actually plays this?

I bought some new cards and have a decent deck, i saw a few old threads talking about tournaments etc, but i'd also like to meet anyone who would like to play for the craic aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Hey guys, new here and noticed that this section is quite dead. I've recently gotten back into Yu-Gi-Oh and i was wondering if anyone still actually plays this?

I bought some new cards and have a decent deck, i saw a few old threads talking about tournaments etc, but i'd also like to meet anyone who would like to play for the craic aswell.

My housemate's after getting me back into it big time, I hadn't played in years and fell back into it really quickly. We've a handful of mates that play aswell and you're more than welcome to join us for one of them, the only problem is that Kinnegad is a bit of a pain to get to, but if one of the guys who lives in Dublin is hosting, I'm sure there'd be no problem joining in then too.

Apparently, Gamers World have tournaments every Friday, but I could be wrong on that count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

My housemate's after getting me back into it big time, I hadn't played in years and fell back into it really quickly. We've a handful of mates that play aswell and you're more than welcome to join us for one of them, the only problem is that Kinnegad is a bit of a pain to get to, but if one of the guys who lives in Dublin is hosting, I'm sure there'd be no problem joining in then too.

Apparently, Gamers World have tournaments every Friday, but I could be wrong on that count.

I really thought nobody as ever going to reply to this hah, yeah i had a similar situation where my mate got me back into it and then i got my housemate into it etc, i have no idea where Kinnegad is or what gamers world is ha sorry. But yeah if you's are hosting anything up in Dublin let me know! :D

I really thought nobody as ever going to reply to this hah, yeah i had a similar situation where my mate got me back into it and then i got my housemate into it etc, i have no idea where Kinnegad is or what gamers world is ha sorry. But yeah if you's are hosting anything up in Dublin let me know! :D

Hahaha Kinnegad's about an hour from town, in Westmeath, hence why it's a pain to get to :P

Gamers World is on Jervis St, just off the main quays road. They're really good if you're looking for boosters (or even Table Top games) and they generally have a handful of people in playing something at any given time.

Their facebook: www.facebook.com/gamersworld.dublin

I'll get onto the lads about having another session :)

Hahaha Kinnegad's about an hour from town, in Westmeath, hence why it's a pain to get to :P

Gamers World is on Jervis St, just off the main quays road. They're really good if you're looking for boosters (or even Table Top games) and they generally have a handful of people in playing something at any given time.

Their facebook:

I'll get onto the lads about having another session :)

Ah but of course, gamers world? you'd think i'd of heard of this place before, i buy boosters etc online it's much cheaper but there is something about buying them in a shop that's a bit more...i dunno satisfying? Anyway i try to stay far away from places like games workshop and all, i know i play yugioh and all but some of the people in them places man, scary ****.

Thanks man!

Ah but of course, gamers world? you'd think i'd of heard of this place before, i buy boosters etc online it's much cheaper but there is something about buying them in a shop that's a bit more...i dunno satisfying? Anyway i try to stay far away from places like games workshop and all, i know i play yugioh and all but some of the people in them places man, scary ****.

Thanks man!

Hahaha the people are only scary if you let them be, they're actually really sound in that place and they're one of the VERY few places that will sell you an actual box of booster packs for a reasonable price.

We're having a friendly tournament on Friday, July 11th in my mate's place in Ashtown. €4 or €5 quid each, winner takes a Structure Deck, there'll be a few boosters for runners-up aswell. It'll be in the evening, probably around 6 or 7. If you're interested, drop me a PM :)

• Advertisement

Hahaha the people are only scary if you let them be, they're actually really sound in that place and they're one of the VERY few places that will sell you an actual box of booster packs for a reasonable price.

We're having a friendly tournament on Friday, July 11th in my mate's place in Ashtown. €4 or €5 quid each, winner takes a Structure Deck, there'll be a few boosters for runners-up aswell. It'll be in the evening, probably around 6 or 7. If you're interested, drop me a PM :)

By scary i meant the stereotypical "nerd" haha, oh no way how much are they selling boxes for? i can get them online pretty cheap.

Hmm sounds like a bit of craic i'll PM you when i figure out where ashtown is :)

Advertisement