Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primos Trigger Stick Tall Bi-Pod

Options
  • 17-06-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi there, have been reading and learning here for a while now so if ye don't mind I will pose my own question now.
    Does any one have or know anything about thePrimos Trigger Stick Tall Bi-Pod I do a bit of lamping saw this wonder if it is any good. Ease of use, ease to carry is it fiddely to use and dose it make any noise when it is moved up or down. I have made a set of sticks from gardening poles from video on YouTube and they work fine but it's birthday time soon so might make a little hint if I get good words about it.
    And what about the tri pod ???

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

Pm me your email & I will send u a few pics, I have one & its v good.

Pm sent liffy
    Many thanks

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Pm sent liffy
    Many thanks

Didnt get ur pm want to try again?

• Advertisement

When I sent it it said you had no more room for new pms you have do delete some to make some space for new ones.
    Sorry I forgot to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭marcp

I have one there and I hate it. Makes to much noise if the little rubber strap is not closed on the bottom of the legs and when it is closed it takes to long to open it and make them into a bipod.

Also if dirt gets on them they will become noisy letting them up and down.

My advice would be buy a fixed tripod. Less stuff to go through your head when you spot your target.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

marcp wrote: »
    I have one there and I hate it. Makes to much noise if the little rubber strap is not closed on the bottom of the legs and when it is closed it takes to long to open it and make them into a bipod.
    Same as the strap on my fixed legged one.
    Also if dirt gets on them they will become noisy letting them up and down.
    Same as my fixed leg one.
    My advice would be buy a fixed tripod. Less stuff to go through your head when you spot your target.
    The problems you describe can happen to any sticks. The only difference being i don't need to spend time trying to open the legs, and lock them in position or to have to re-adjust them because i set them too high, low, uneven.

As said i have two sets of sticks. One was a bipod that i attached a third leg to. As the third leg does not retract i have to carry them fully extended which is a pain in the whole. The other set are tripod, and fold up. The problem being the legs rattle even with the strap, dirt gets into them like any other set and i have to clean then regularly to keep the noise down. Then when i comes to setting up. I have to unlock, pull down, and lock the legs. Then if i'm on uneven ground i find i either have to adjust the legs to get a steady shot or chance a shot from an unstable position. That was before one of the legs "lost the ability to lock. I need to keep it taped up, but basically it's useless. Can only be used as a bipod.

Without being argumentative the problems you describe are common and not a specific fault of the Primos. Given the problems, and their commonality with other makes the Primos still holds the better set as everything is done with a pull of a trigger rather than manually adjustable legs.

Just my opinion based on getting and trying the set compared to my own.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks for the advice lads

E mail & pics sent to your email address.

• Advertisement

E mail & pics sent to your email address.

Hey Liffy thanks for that that's why I never read online reviews about any item. At least I know I've been talking to lads who have used the item for real and give honest reviews about them.

Many thanks.

Advertisement