Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOM-DoC 15; Hype of Future Past: UMvC3-BB:CP-DiveKick

Options
  • 17-06-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Day Of Champions 15
    5th of July
    Marvel vs Capcom 3 and BlazBlue as main tournaments, with DiveKick as the Nom-Con special.
    PS3 for BB, Xbox for MvC3, laptop for Divekick.
    Doors open normal hours for XGC, Starting roughly 1 pm ending roughly 7 pm
    Map to venue: http://goo.gl/maps/jS36C
    5 euro entry fee, 5 into 1 tournament. While DiveKick WILL have a tournament fee, it will not have a prize pot.
    The entry fee exists to cover costs towards the XGC.
    Running order will be MvC and BB simultaneously, with DiveKick run after both conclude. We will attempt to have top 4 for all games recorded, but all other recordings are not guaranteed.
    Since this is being done in conjunction with Nom Con, prizes for the “Special” tournament itself, and the series of “Special” tournaments run with them, will be dictated by Nom Con. These prizes may include, and are not limited to; mystery games, passes into the convention itself, and other items.
    Players coming for casuals will be charged venue fee, which is the same fee as casuals, unless they rent their own machine.
    Please note; if I or any other TO calls you out and says “Play your match now”, and you do not immediately go to play your match, you will be DC'd. I know this seems harsh, but we've been running closer and closer to the wire in recent tournies, so much so as to go over it in the last one.
    This will be the final Nom-DoC tournament. I'd like to thank Sophie and John for their efforts and support during this series of tournaments.

Tournament Rules and Format.
    Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist its own tournament standard rule set being applied; MvC3 will be a set of 3/5 matches, BB will be a 2/3 set of 2/3 matches, and Divekick will be a 2/3 set of 5/7 matches. Grand finals for all 3 will be 3/5 sets.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs, or larger con tournaments, will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly/"best-fit" seeded.
    In the case of pools, there will be an attempt at splitting up seeds evenly, and filling in the remainder of the pool evenly as well.
    1. All characters are usable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.
    2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.
    3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.
    4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.
    5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.
    6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.
    7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute. This includes pausing during cinematic supers/hypers, except in the case of a character death being guaranteed by the super/hyper.
    8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)
    9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.
    10. Participation in the event is taken as giving permission that you accept that you may be recorded as part of the tournaments. Should you wish to participate and not be recorded, you will need to make this known to a tournament admin at sign up.
    11. No white track suits please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

wheres ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Doyler01 wrote: »
    wheres ultra

There was an Ultra tournament just a week or so ago.

Also Voa, if you need another set up for DiveKick i can bring my laptop in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

2gen wrote: »
    There was an Ultra tournament just a week or so ago.

Also Voa, if you need another set up for DiveKick i can bring my laptop in as well.

This would be super helpful.

Ultra can be where ever you choose to run it, Doyler :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Doyler, pls run Ultra Tourney 5th of July at XGC.

PS: I wont be there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

NO ULTRA, NO SHOW

Seriously though, I don't play any of those other games enough to throw money at them.

• Advertisement

NO ULTRA, NO SHOW

Seriously though, I don't play any of those other games enough to throw money at them.

Anyone can play DiveKick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Anyone can play DiveKick :rolleyes:

Don't particularly feel like paying a tenner to play two rounds of a game I got for a quarter of that, is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Are the DoC cycling through different games each tournament?

e.g. TTT2 and project M, Blazblue and MvC3, then ??? and ??? Just curiouss

That was the plan for the current set of the NomDoc tournies. This will be the last in the tourney set for a while.

Only a week to go. Be there, or kill Marvel :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I vote fot TvsC if Marvel players are no show

My PTX-40A is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll bring a Wii with TvC just for that.

Is anyone doing recording duties for this? Don't play any of the games, but could pop in to help out with that.

Nutrient wrote: »
    I vote fot TvsC if Marvel players are no show

My PTX-40A is ready

I will totally do this.

Not even kidding.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, we should totally do another TvC tournament. This time Gory won't be there to stop me...

Yo peeps,

Massive eejit I am, I forgot to bring my recording 360.

Could someone do me a solid and bring one along?

Hm, seems like not a lot of hype.

Let's just add TvC to the roster, and you get in free to it when you pay in for MvC. Seems legit.

...I need to magic up a Wii, the game and some sticks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

hey

Anyone have ps4 controllers?
    I'll bring in my ps4 with towerfall ascension if so.

Good news. My Wii works fine when positioned horizontally.

So I'll bring a Wii with TvC, a stick, and a GC controller.

If anyone has a Wii compatible stick or Wii Classic Controllers please bring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Stumbled across this thread at a rather timely moment it seems!

How many people are going to be there for Marvel? I wanna come, but I wanna know if there's a decent turnout before committing to a six-hour bus ride.

• Advertisement

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Stumbled across this thread at a rather timely moment it seems!

How many people are going to be there for Marvel? I wanna come, but I wanna know if there's a decent turnout before committing to a six-hour bus ride.

Me, Nutrient and Voa will be around. I think Lee is coming down as well. if there isn't enough ppl for a tournament i'm sure we'll have casuals anyway.

Me and Nutrient will be around. I think Lee is coming down as well. if there isn't enough ppl for a tournament i'm sure we'll have casuals anyway.

That's all I need. I'll aim to catch the 10am bus and see you guys at 1. I might get stuck with the 11am bus, though, but we'll see how fortune turns out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Me, Nutrient and Voa will be around. I think Lee is coming down as well. if there isn't enough ppl for a tournament i'm sure we'll have casuals anyway.

Lee won't be attending

On my way

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can drop in a Wii stick & pad but have to run off again.

Streaming now from www.twitch.tv/mscupcakes

Thanks a huge amount to everyone who played with me today. It was a big help in getting ready for Evo! Kudos to Nutrient for the fun grnd finals!

Results;
    MvC
    Champion: Nutrient
    1st Runner Up: Nevflinn
    2nd Runner Up: Voa

BB
    Champion: Keith
    1st Runner Up: Voa
    2nd Runner Up: Fox

DiveKick
    Champion: Voa