Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Course After Failing Exams

Options
  • 17-06-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but hopefully one of you can help.

I'm currently a first year in Trinity and applied to change course through the CAO a few months ago. I'm currently in a level 8 arts course and want to change to a level 8 health sciences course, hopefully still studying im Trinity. I've just gotten my exam results and although I passed everything overall, I failed 1 part of a 3 part exam and would have to repeat this if I was planning on continuing.

The CAO have asked me to send them my exam results and I'm wondering whether any of you got accepted for a second time (into the same college even) after failing exams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

If it's a separate application then your exam results wont matter. You will have to pay tuition fees and registration if you got those paid for you for the 1st year.

In general you get a single run at free education, usually 4 years, meaning that the government pays for your first attempt at 1st year, first attempt at 2nd year etc. If you repeat a year you pay for that year, if you change from 1st year Medicine to 1st year Dentistry you pay for 1st year in Dentistry as it's technically repeating the 1st year of a course (though a different course).

I've failed all my exams in 1st year, changed course and not had any problems changing as long as I pay my fees.

Advertisement