Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Repayment Policy

Options
  • 17-06-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a personal loan with a bank in NIreland (the same bank I had my current account with for a number of years) however due to a change in circumstances I am going to be using a different current account.

I was trying to plan to get all my bills switched over and I contacted the bank (Danske). I asked them how I go about switching the loan DD I pay them to another account with a different bank (Ulster). Their response was this:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the loan repayments must be made via standing order from another Danske Bank account.

It will not be possible to set up a direct debit from an external account to facilitate the loan repayments.

Is this really the case? Are they allowed to do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It sounds like the loan account cannot receive external payments, the only way around this is to setup a 'service' account with Danske to receive the SOs and let the monthly payments come from that a/c to the loan a/c.

Many moons ago I had a term loan for a car with their predecessor NIB and that's how I had to do it as my main a/c was with BoI. The only problem with that method these days is that you may be liable for current a/c fees on the service a/c

Advertisement