Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewery quarter not required

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Thats great news, anything is better than the wreck that is there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Great to hear.

The design reminds me a little bit of the IFSC and AIB buildings in Dublin which are nearby the Custom House; albeit closer together

One thing I really like about travelling along the quay in Dublin is seeing the newly developed buildings blending in with the beautiful older structures which hopefully will be the case with our own City Hall, Custom House and Navigation House.

An upgrade to the wharfs on the Albert Quay side would go a long way as they're underutilized and bit of an eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    More good news:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/revised-euro45m-office-block-granted-approval-273205.html

Like I've said previously, i think sort of development is perfect for the Albert Quay area but the conference center should go to the Brewery Quarter.

In any case it's bringing money and jobs back to the city centre

Excellent news. It may sound odd, but Cork is severely lacking office space for large companies. A lot of multinationals are coming into this country and essentially their only option is to setup in Dublin due to a lack of large office space outside the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

All outside the city centre. I'd question if much is available in Blarney anyway though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I think that is a commercial centre for warehousing and non industrial fabrications and such. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

That was a car showroom so not office space.

Advertisement