Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - UPC Horizon box

• 17-06-2014 3:09pm

Hi

Does anyone have any tips on how to stay connected through wireless on the xbox one with the horizon box?

Ive always been connected through wire but Ive had to change to a wireless connection.

UPC is telling me to contact Xbox but I doubt they will be able to do anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What kind of problems are you having?
    I've a UPC horizon box and XB1 which is wired but I have my PS4 upstairs connected to it via wireless with no issues..

Blazer wrote: »
    What kind of problems are you having?
    I've a UPC horizon box and XB1 which is wired but I have my PS4 upstairs connected to it via wireless with no issues..

If you get a chance could you try and connect by wireless With xb1 and see does it stay connected? Thanks

If you get a chance could you try and connect by wireless With xb1 and see does it stay connected? Thanks

will do..it will be late tonight though

had Fifa on it for 2 hours..when I came back to it the XB1 had disconnected from the EA servers.
    Probably need to try a few games on it to see especially on other games.
    What you could do is get a set of homeplugs from argos..about €30...very handy and miles better than wireless.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1397640/Trail/searchtext%3ETPLINK.htm

Cheers for trying it out mate.

Laptops stay connected fine but none of the consoles (XB1, 360 and PS3) stay connected for more than 5 minutes. Weird!

What do the homeplugs do? Thanks

• Advertisement

basically homeplugs (you need a pair) allow you to connect an ethernet cable into your xbox even though its in another room.
    One homeplug connects into your power point near the horizon box and you connect a network cable from your horizon box to it.
    Wherever your xbox is you plug the other homeplug in beside it and run a network cable from the homeplug to your xbox..voila..a hardwired connection to your router which runs through the electricity lines :)
    Very very handy and miles better than wireless.
    For example my router is in my sitting room obviously:) but my NAS and main pc are up on the 3rd floor so I use a homeplug to allow me to run my internet to it.
    I also have a router running off that homeplug so that I can connect both my PC/NAS at the same time.

There are some limitations...you need to plug it directly into a main socket not an extension lead etc as you take a hit on speed, plus your wiring also affects speeds. The latest versions are AV2 which are 500-600meg with 1gigabit ethernet on board but that equates to around 150meg transfer speeds.
    I've 200meg broadband but can only get around 110meg to my top floor....I know...poor me ;)

Thanks for the replies Blazer. Ill try get a homeplug so. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

+1 for homeplugs, I used to use them as I had a similar disconnect with the 360 on the old vodafone/eircom routers was cheaper then buying a new router at the time, and actually was the exact one Blazer linked to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

PC World have a good price on at the moment:

http://www.pcworld.ie/PRODUCT/tplink-tlpa411kit-av500-500-mbps-powerline-adapter-starter-kit/313256/148.5

014926.jpg

€32 i picked them up a few weeks ago as i have had a lot of issues with wifi since i got a new eircom router and my xbox was on the edge of range.

I was surprised how well they work.

Advertisement