Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Dining Dun Laoghaire, Bray Greystones?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering is anyone has tips on a nice place to eat outside in Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey, Bray or Greystones areas, basically south of DL and on the Dart line!

I can only think of Hartleys or Toscana in Dun Laoghaire, I've been to both of them.

The Queens in Dalkey has seats outside but I think its a bit uncomfortable?

In bray I can think of the Martello but I've never eaten there and Im nor sure about gresytones

Any suggestions of hidden gems would be very welcome

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Better suited here OP (although it dips its toes into Wicklow as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Blondey82 wrote: »
    Just wondering is anyone has tips on a nice place to eat outside in Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey, Bray or Greystones areas, basically south of DL and on the Dart line!

I can only think of Hartleys or Toscana in Dun Laoghaire, I've been to both of them.

The Queens in Dalkey has seats outside but I think its a bit uncomfortable?

In bray I can think of the Martello but I've never eaten there and Im nor sure about gresytones

Any suggestions of hidden gems would be very welcome

Thanks!

The Martello in Bray is good to eat outside. killiney castle has tables out side that they'll serve food at if asked. several places in the Pavillion in Dun Laoighre serve outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Juggys Well in Glasthule has a couple of outside tables but they're really only big enough for two people. Otherwise as the poster above has said, there are plenty of tables outside the eateries at the Pavilion on DL seafront, go to the Meadows and Byrne shop on the corner and you'll see them, they're facing the Royal St. George clubhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Blondey82

Thanks Everyone, yeah I am pretty familiar with all the eateries along the Pavilion... I'm just trying to find somewhere new... just being awkward I guess Lol! I shouldn't be fussy in this fab weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

What about the places in Monkstown, doesn't one of those have a terrace at the front?

Or do what we do. Fish and chips from Borza in Dillons park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What about the places in Monkstown, doesn't one of those have a terrace at the front?

Cafe du Journal does for sure, it's where the green bicycle shop is located in this old (2010) Google Streetview photo. The premises next door (on the right in the photo) is a decent little outlet shop selling discounted sports gear like Helly Hansen, well worth checking out but closes on Monday.

http://goo.gl/maps/1AZJ5

http://www.cafedujournal.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I wouldn't be a vegetarian fan but The Happy Pear in Greystones looks fab, outdoor seating and recently started opening in the evenings. I love their posts on Twitter, their images of their food looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Try the other "Martello" in Dun Laoghaire down from Teddys.
    A few tables outside and a nice view of Scotsmans Bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Shame it needs to be on the Dart. The Garden Exhibition Centre in Kilquade has a lovely restaurant with a large patio.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Blondey82

Shame it needs to be on the Dart. The Garden Exhibition Centre in Kilquade has a lovely restaurant with a large patio.

Yes I have been there before in the afternoon for lunch, its lovely

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Do Oliveto in Dun Laoghaire have capacity to dine outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Oliveto (Kingston Hotel) serve food outside - was there last night for a beer but plenty of other folk were eating. It got a good bit of sun till about 8ish, however it was pretty full so you might be waiting for a table for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Oliveto (Kingston Hotel) serve food outside - was there last night for a beer but plenty of other folk were eating. It got a good bit of sun till about 8ish, however it was pretty full so you might be waiting for a table for a while.

+1

Advertisement