Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious call.

Options
  • 17-06-2014 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Just had a call from a guy claiming to be from "The telecom" offering "a reduction on the phone bill". He knew the name on the account but we had the account terminated some weeks ago and currently use VOIP. When I told him that and asked whether it was on the account that it was terminated he said "Its not but it should be, mumbled something and then said goodbye. 

Can anyone verify is this was someone from Eircom (or the telecom) and tell me what the status is on the account ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pugsly wrote: »
    Just had a call from a guy claiming to be from "The telecom" offering "a reduction on the phone bill". He knew the name on the account but we had the account terminated some weeks ago and currently use VOIP. When I told him that and asked whether it was on the account that it was terminated he said "Its not but it should be, mumbled something and then said goodbye. 

Can anyone verify is this was someone from Eircom (or the telecom) and tell me what the status is on the account ?

Hi Pugsly

That does seem quite odd, I have not heard of a company referred to as "The telecom" so I would treat as suspect to be honest. I will not be able to confirm if this was eircom if don’t have the number which called you but I can assure you that eircom agents would not refer to eircom as 'the telecom'.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement