Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light weight UV protective tops?

Options
  • 17-06-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Got a little too much sun the other day and realised that if this weather keeps up or I manage to do any running on holidays, then I'm going to have to start wearing sun cream while running (yuck), or find some light weight, long sleeve tops that are UV protective (and wear a hat and sunglasses).
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

If Raidlight's gear is good enough for many on the MdS, it should do the trick here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

lgk wrote: »
    If Raidlight's gear is good enough for many on the MdS, it should do the trick here :D

Oh nice, spendy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

cianc wrote: »
    Oh nice, spendy though.

Yeah, and with the 3-5 days shipping, you know the day it arrives, the sun will disappear :). I have the Raidlight Sahara hat and while I'm sure I looked ridiculous (guys with me were kind enough not to leave me in any doubt), it kept my neck/ears burn free for a long trek/run/chat in the Wicklow mountains over the weekend.

For the arms, a more versatile solution might be a pair of arm cooler sleeves with a t-shirt like the Columbia Omni-Freeze.

Advertisement