Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Think it was white over black actually!

Ah yeah, had to get the star in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Spotted by my father in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Glasnevin today. I feckin love this, cleanest I've ever seen:

20170506_153646.jpgpost imgcertificity.com

Also;

20170506_153822.jpgonline photo storagecertificity.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

its some years since i put up a pic, my son refused to show me again, fortunately my daughter just did, whether i will remember or not ,is another matter

Anyways heres an Imp in Dundalk... i was always a fan or the Imp/Nsu/2002/Corvair style

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

hmmm ,quite pleased with myself, must hold the phone a bit steadier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Slotmags!!! Lovely spot rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

Glasnevin today. I feckin love this, cleanest I've ever seen:

20170506_153646.jpgpost imgcertificity.com

Also;

20170506_153822.jpgonline photo storagecertificity.com

Yes but no, I'm old school. BJ40's need to kept original, but that is very nicely done. Gave him the thumbs up in Marino the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭elperello

On the N52 near Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.

I debated with myself whether it should be in Abandoned Classics but it's not really abandoned, just come to a sad end stuck up on a security fence. I suppose in a way it's earning it's keep!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Billyw75

Hi all Ben searching for this guy walshe who took pics of a Volvo f86 truck somewhere in athy a couple of years back seams like he's gone off boards anyway pics are on page 301 would like to know its whereabouts if anyone knows parts are scarce thanks

A Dublin commuter this morning;

20170508_103848.jpgfree uploadercertificity.com

• Advertisement

Classy machine in Howth this evening

34410051811_38ec0ccd6b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Roundwood, Co Wicklow this morning. (Doesn't do it for me at all but each to their own I suppose!)

IMG_2232_zpsfxwb79fy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

RWD wrote: »
    Spotted by my father in Cork today

Hi RWD would you mind if i used the photo of the Stag elsewhere?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Blackrock, Blackrock and Foxrock respectively.

4C8n3P4.jpg

mUMxycH.jpg

kKWzh06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

IMG_2232_zpsfxwb79fy.jpg

Thats what they call 'Malaise Era' cars! they don't float many boats

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

okistag wrote: »
    Hi RWD would you mind if i used the photo of the Stag elsewhere?

Not at all,work away

Testacalda wrote: »
    Thats what they call 'Malaise Era' cars! they don't float many boats

Ah, anyone who ever watched the Rockford files would have a soft spot for that style of motor!
    Anyway, near the botanics today:

20170510_183723.jpggif uploadcertificity.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

RHD Lancia delta Integrale

mossy50 wrote: »

I believe the car in Dades' photo usually resides on the north side of the city. I've seen it a few times..stunning. Seems to be used pretty frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The car that put 20p on the bag of chips in Dublin. Every red blooded Italian had to have one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Must be a conversion(or kitted up to look like a DI?). There was a crowd in the UK back when these were current that did a few. IIRC it was considered a bit of a dog of a conversion.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Rathgar this morning.

IMG_2262_zpsqmey6ueu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Very basic Golf - not even a rear wash/wipe. Models this basic also only had only one door switch for the interior light (the light only came on if you opened the driver's door - if you opened the passenger door, nothing...)

Type 17 wrote: »
    Very basic Golf - not even a rear wash/wipe. Models this basic also only had only one door switch for the interior light (the light only came on if you opened the driver's door - if you opened the passenger door, nothing...)
    Excuse my ignorance but the driver's mirror looks oddly placed. Was that the norm for early Golf's?

Also seems strange that someone would go to the bother of importing such a basic model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Excuse my ignorance but the driver's mirror looks oddly placed. Was that the norm for early Golf's?

Also seems strange that someone would go to the bother of importing such a basic model.

I'm guessing that was to allow the driver to adjust the mirror, with arm out the window. The fly window would have made this awkward if the mirror were at the leading corner of the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thats the normal position for the drivers door mirror.

Perhaps the current owner had the car while living in the UK (hence no import VRt / tax due upon importation) ...plus sentimental reasons may have played a part in the decision to import it. Judging by the reg, it's been in Ireland for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Ah, anyone who ever watched the Rockford files would have a soft spot for that style of motor!
    Anyway, near the botanics today:

20170510_183723.jpggif uploadcertificity.com

Looks like its for sale now:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-190-not-e-1986/15120288

Coolock

IMAG0377_zpsf8yvnrgw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

Wibbs wrote: »
    Must be a conversion(or kitted up to look like a DI?). There was a crowd in the UK back when these were current that did a few. IIRC it was considered a bit of a dog of a conversion.

tanc barrett converted a few from left to right hand drive in the late 80s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Silvera wrote: »
    Thats the normal position for the drivers door mirror.

Perhaps the current owner had the car while living in the UK (hence no import VRt / tax due upon importation) ...plus sentimental reasons may have played a part in the decision to import it. Judging by the reg, it's been in Ireland for a long time.

True, that's what I did - brought my wife's (originally mine, and my first car - hence my username :) ) 1.3 CL and my 1.8 GTI back from the UK when I moved home in 1999 - reg's were 82-D 28nn and 83-D-42nn respectively - sadly now gone to the great car park in the sky... :(

Advertisement