Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've seen this around Sligo a few times lately. Looks like Dutch plates and it's RHD

fnqpgx.jpg

n6qlp3.jpg

jzwhup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

I think I know that car. It has been for sale here for quite a while, because it was RHD there was very little interest here. 

The plate is a Dutch registration number (the number sequence suggests it was imported in Holland around 2008-2009) but being white, they are in fact "trailer plates" to be fitted on bike racks and trailers, but illegal on the car itself  :).

I guess the car has been exported but because you have to hand in the original yellow plates, and you are not allowed to make up extra plates for no good reason, the owner(s) decided to make up the white plates which are free to make up as many as you want, and nobody outside of Holland would probably know the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Dublin an hour ago. Immaculate;

20170705_123347.jpg

I've never seen a convertible Bristol in the flesh before;

20170705_123415.jpg

The tie wraps around the front number plate of the Rolls Royce don't quite match the stylish grandeur of the car :angel:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Mostly just known as Ford Classic
    http://classiccars.wikia.com/wiki/Ford_Classic
    My dad had one, I still remember the reg plate, and the ignition key No!
    Also available in a coupe

The coupe was the original Ford Capri. The 2 and 4 door saloons were the Classic. Both were described as Consul as were early Cortinas which was confusing as there was a seperate Consul model.(and a later 70s one!)

Late sixties Capri was no relation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Volvo spotted in clarehall missing two doors :P '123 on Queen street, last of the line 1985 model.

35697098576_e7eaf80050_c.jpg34927854193_2684fd0988_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    The tie wraps around the front number plate of the Rolls Royce don't quite match the stylish grandeur of the car :angel:

I spotted those too. My guess is that it has been used for a wedding (or debs) and had 'Just Married' or similar plates attached for the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

Silvera wrote: »
    I spotted those too. My guess is that it has been used for a wedding (or debs) and had 'Just Married' or similar plates attached for the event.

My guess is that the original UK plates are still on the car and its the ZV plates are only tie wrapped on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

w124man wrote: »
    My guess is that the original UK plates are still on the car and its the ZV plates are only tie wrapped on!!

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=zv8822
    ....plus insurance and tax discs on display (taxed to June 2018).

A couple more from this morning;

20170706_150358.jpg

20170706_150436.jpg

20170706_150457.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 GavFitz

That CX is very cool, looks mint too, there used to be the same car in Clontarf not so long ago.

Nice photo!

GavFitz wrote: »
    That CX is very cool, looks mint too, there used to be the same car in Clontarf not so long ago.

Nice photo!

There was an old GS outside the Citroen garage on Vernon ave. I knew that car from a few years ago and seeing it sit there and rust away was awfu!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

Forgive my ignorance, bit of a Citroen noob, I know it is a CX but why does it have Pallas on the back? Is that some kind of special edition? By the way I love the way the rear hatch glass has the curve in it. It just looks uber cool !

Pallas was a trim designation, spec level etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Pallas was a trim designation, spec level etc

Aye. The highest trim level iirc.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Aye. The highest trim level iirc.

The 'Pallas' is the most luxurious trim level for the standard production line of Citroens, but there was the option to go for a "Prestige". This was usually the limousine version, i.e. a couple of inches extra space for the rear passengers, of the standard cars (mostly DS and CX) and you could specify a large number of tailor made extra's, and some would be strechted even longer, have a dividing glass between the front and rear, bar, electric everything, you name it...

A combination of Dublin, M7/8 and Ballyvourney today;

20170707_113847.jpg

20170708_032219.jpg

20170707_171949.jpg

20170707_171854.jpg

20170708_032110.jpg

20170708_032039.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    The 'Pallas' is the most luxurious trim level for the standard production line of Citroens, but there was the option to go for a "Prestige". This was usually the limousine version, i.e. a couple of inches extra space for the rear passengers, of the standard cars (mostly DS and CX) and you could specify a large number of tailor made extra's, and some would be strechted even longer, have a dividing glass between the front and rear, bar, electric everything, you name it...

Used to be a CX prestige knocking about in kilcoole. Absolutely stunning car with leather buttoned armchairs in it and lots of chrome trim. Was for sale at one point for around €2000 and haven't seen it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Fordson van in Lanesborough Co. Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

MG in Galway today. Awful colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Think that is Primrose yellow. A classic BL colour of the period. Not to everyone's tastes I guess.

Killarney today, German reg but right hand drive;

20170710_222114.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Rosscarbery,West Cork,a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dutch plates it looks like.

I've stayed in those little gaffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 agjag

Glasnevin a few minutes ago;

I'd say he had a party when that turned 30!

he did...that's my dad's car

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Dutch plates it looks like.

I've stayed in those little gaffs.

Thanks for that,I was just wondering about the plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

when did you last see one of these !!!
    IMG_0607_zpsjshjbsmd.jpg

In Baltimore today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Little Fiat 500 (well, there's no thing really as a big 500 :D) on a trailer in the south of France, an R5 doing its thing on the autoroute, and a bonus XR3 in Greystones - looked very well - the photo doesn't do it justice.

• Advertisement

Today's offerings from the kingdom;

20170714_121829.jpg

20170714_121944.jpg

Advertisement