Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

VW camper seen recently in Kenmare
    36272993363_12ff7a13c3_b.jpg

Seen in Glengariff but en route to God knows where !
    36251071484_97c93773a5_b.jpg

Seen in Castletownbere (I think !)
    36272994963_77a5e1f760_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭kyote00

Came upon the cannon ball run on way back from clare.....

427653.JPG

427654.JPG

427655.JPG

427656.JPG

427657.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Interesting Renault camper on a UK plate, about 1978. In Youghal
    427664.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A few spots from cycling in rural Portugal over the past few days.

UAW90Thh.jpg

nGo6lD5h.jpg

v7m1ijFh.jpg

y1GEdlNh.jpg

UD8KTBPh.jpg

cVY11jbh.jpg

Qe9RQHsh.jpg

Otvt4HGh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Great shots Wishbone.

Camino Portugues?

• Advertisement

....Camino Portugues?
    ?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

A few spots from cycling in rural Portugal over the past few days.

nGo6lD5h.jpg

y1GEdlNh.jpg

Drooling at the 2 Renault 5's.
    Especially the silver one with the Clio/19 16v wheels.
    Lovely pics.

I should have added that every village I cycled through had dozens of the 190D and 250D Mercs from the 80's/90's (W201??). All in very good condition.

?? :o

Haha sorry, I wondered if you were cycling the pilgrimage. I did Porto to Santiago a few years back by bike..great experience and I saw lots of special cars but didn't have much time with the camera!

gitzy16v wrote: »
    ...Drooling at the 2 Renault 5's.
    Especially the silver one with the Clio/19 16v wheels.
    Lovely pics.
    Loads of 'ordinary' Renault 5's around in various conditions - I only took a pic of the GT Turbo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Loads of 'ordinary' Renault 5's around in various conditions - I only took a pic of the GT Turbo.

My first ever car was a GT turbo,insured on the old Hibernian Ignition scheme for young drivers.
    Had plenty of old Renaults through the years,im a sucker for hardship:D

I love travelling through France,Spain and seeing all the old cars kept going and like you said about the Mercs they're kept in great nic too.

God I despise this country for our motoring situation.

Haha sorry, I wondered if you were cycling the pilgrimage. I did Porto to Santiago a few years back by bike..great experience and I saw lots of special cars but didn't have much time with the camera!
    Ah right! No, not a pilgrimage but non stop climbing and descending for 4 days. The other lads I was with (who have no interest/ knowledge of classic cars) were wondering why I was taking pics of 'an old Golf' outside our hotel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

20170914_232419.jpg

20170914_232319.jpg

20170914_232250.jpg

Skerries, Co Dublin

pOjGt3Kh.jpg

pOSDvj7h.jpg

ZsRESl9h.jpg

That bus is jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Town this morning;

20170916_133023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Lovely AEC bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭elperello

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Lovely AEC bus!

Conduct yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I seen a black ss camero in arklow during the week, no pic as was driving through the town.

Nice XJ6 in Raheny. Manual apparently!

37140421906_99376b0090_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

In Sardinia on holidays, mainly little flat 500s with the odd abarth and a few Renault 4s, I'll get pics posted when I'm back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jag was last NCTd about 15 years ago :rolleyes:

Not taxed either...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd say there's a fair whack of early 80's ZV car owners that think they don't need tests or know they do but hope the guards don't.

Some guards mightn't know, but PULSE does and so does the automatic number plate recognition software. Flags the car right up as having no NCT (and no tax). Now obviously I don't know about that particular car, could be owned by an elderly gentleman who passed away 14 years ago. But somehow I don't think so, with the car looking in decent condition, parked on the public road and pretty much blocking off a driveway.

Also I have my doubts about the validity of those people's classic insurance. Mine asks for proof of NCT and tax. And I'm insured through First Ireland (with AIG being the insurer). This is possibly one of the bigger / the biggest classic car insurers at the moment

This business of not NCTing / taxing / insuring cars is a serious risk to the concessions we enjoy for our classic cars :(

unkel wrote: »
    ... and so does the automatic number plate recognition software...
    I thought that it only 'recognised' modern EU plates with the correct font etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

... and so does the automatic number plate recognition software...

Well, my classic has Ace plates (think of all of the raised facets, shadows, etc of the 3-d characters), and is registered with e-flow, for the (rare) times that it goes across the M50 toll bridge, and it always gets billed correctly, and has done since 2010. I presume that the Gardai’s ANPR is at least as good as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Nice XJ6 in Raheny. Manual apparently!

37140421906_99376b0090_c.jpg
    Now obviously I don't know about that particular car, could be owned by an elderly gentleman who passed away 14 years ago. But somehow I don't think so, with the car looking in decent condition, parked on the public road and pretty much blocking off a driveway.

1 Irish owner Kildare registered, parked up in Raheny?

Nice car but!

That's a good point. I can't imagine it doesn't recognise older style plates, but it would be good to get that confirmed. Any Gardai on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 agjag

How are people getting info on cars here? Stating location of and number of registered owners, claiming a car is not taxed, commenting on when last NCT was or was due? Do you have access to systems to run a check on the reg plates once a pic of a car is posted? If so, are you even allowed share that info on a public forum?

You can check the nct on ncts.ie and other info on cartell and the like. Already public knowledge. Are you the jag owner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 agjag

I am. I was flattered that my car made the grade to be uploaded, but a little put off by the comments that followed.
    I've had the car a year. Taxed and insured, so not sure why there is an assumption it's not. I'm the 2nd registered owner, so looks like the info available is a out of date. The original owner had it from new, but garaged it in 2003 where it stayed until I got my hands on it.

Advertisement