Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Nice collection, doesn't your dad have a beautiful XJS?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 agjag

He does indeed. I got my love of Jags from him!

Lovely reg number. I see by the nct website it's out since March, but to further answer your question I don't know how you'd check the tax. I don't think owner details are available anywhere public though.

Lovely reg number. I see by the nct website it's out since March, but to further answer your question I don't know how you'd check the tax. I don't think owner details are available anywhere public though.

Thanks. They're a bit faded due to how the car was stored though.
    Nct is up next once I get a minor fix sorted

Good luck with it, gorgeous car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

agjag wrote: »
    How are people getting info on cars here? Stating location of and number of registered owners, claiming a car is not taxed, commenting on when last NCT was or was due? Do you have access to systems to run a check on the reg plates once a pic of a car is posted? If so, are you even allowed share that info on a public forum?

Welcome to the sewing circle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I am. I was flattered that my car made the grade to be uploaded, but a little put off by the comments that followed.
    I've had the car a year. Taxed and insured, so not sure why there is an assumption it's not. I'm the 2nd registered owner, so looks like the info available is a out of date. The original owner had it from new, but garaged it in 2003 where it stayed until I got my hands on it.

Hi, firstly - love the car. I live locally(ish) and haven't ever seen it around before so was surprised to come across it on Tuesday. I just popped the reg into Motorcheck to see how old it was when I posted the pic, I have absolutely no interest in anything else along the lines of NCT and tax etc. That info though is available on the NCT website and through carsireland.ie.

Seeing and taking photos of old motors is a hobby that I very much enjoy - if I started concerning myself with the legalities of some strangers car I think it would become very boring very quickly..so I don't. Can't speak for everyone though :)

Welcome to the sewing circle. :pac:

Hahaha...."and did you see how it was parked..a good 13 inches from the kerb..I'm appalled

Hi, firstly - love the car. I live locally(ish) and haven't ever seen it around before so was surprised to come across it on Tuesday. I just popped the reg into Motorcheck to see how old it was when I posted the pic, I have absolutely no interest in anything else along the lines of NCT and tax etc. That info though is available on the NCT website and through carsireland.ie.

Seeing and taking photos of old motors is a hobby that I very much enjoy - if I started concerning myself with the legalities of some strangers car I think it would become very boring very quickly..so I don't. Can't speak for everyone though :)

That's fair enough. Was just surprised with some comments calling into question tax and nct and implying integrity of insurance. Not your fault, but as previous poster stated "welcome to the knitting circle". :)
    More than happy to show you the car if you're passing again

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

He does indeed. I got my love of Jags from him!

Out of NCT many years too.

Lovely cars, but can you not just stick to the rules? You and your father are jeopardising the benefits us classic car owners get. And it really isn't hard to pass the NCT test for an 80s car, unless it is seriously compromised and shouldn't be on the road.

I've just bought an 80s Mercedes-Benz myself. Bringing it in next week and the first thing I'll do once it's on Irish plates is to book it in for the NCT. Costs justs €55 too, which is very little in the total cost of running and keeping a classic car.

• Advertisement

looks like I've stumbled onto the "today I saw a classic and will judge the owner" thread

Afaics it's only out since March this year, and the man said its his next job.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Afaics it's only out since March this year,

Not that it makes much difference, but it's out the guts of 14 years (so last tested almost 16 years ago). That's fine, agjag says it was off the road. But when you want it back on the road, you need to have it tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭elperello

While it's no doubt true that all classic owners should comply with the rules I thought this thread was just about people posting pics of nice/interesting cars.
    That's why I like it anyway.

Ah I see now, I misread it. At the same time I think you're slightly out of order here unkel, no need for a lecture when the man is only fixing it up for the test, and I didn't see anything to say that a car has to be road legal to be included in this thread, otherwise there'd be half of them taken down!:D

unkel wrote: »
    Not that it makes much difference, but it's out the guts of 14 years (so last tested almost 16 years ago). That's fine, agjag says it was off the road. But when you want it back on the road, you need to have it tested.

Hi. You're over the top with your responses to a pic of my car and you have misrepresented me and my responsibilities as a car owner, stating it was not taxed and calling into question the integrity of car insurance. You went as far as finding a pic of my fathers jag and checking if that had its nct.
    You have not taken into account that this is purely a thread for people to post pics of classic cars that they happen across.
    I did not ask for my car to be displayed (not that I have an issue with that) but I certainly did not want to be put in the spotlight like this.
    You appear to have failed to read my subsequent posts which state the previous owner had stored it since 2003 until I purchased it less than a year ago. This goes a very long way in explaining why there is currently no nct

Can we please move on? This kind of discourse really brings down the tone of the thread.

Spotted this in Coolock this evening. And the G Wagon in Howth

37230433471_ed1d7dd736_c.jpg

37230433181_f175311ab8_c.jpg

37372987125_ed7266c276_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I hope to have pics of an 88 G Wagon in a week or two. The owner has had it for the last few years but was waiting till it was 30 to put it on the road. He's now going to tax it on the 1st of Oct and bring it out.

He'd better NCT it first:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭kyote00

Couple of Fiats on the M4 today

428578.jpg

428579.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yesterday.

428584.jpg[img][/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Go home beertons, your drunk ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭kyote00

Vampires took too much blood.... how will Unkel check the NCTs on those ;-0

oleras wrote: »
    Go home beertons, your drunk ! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Won't work from the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Shuttleworth motor and aviation aerodrome today ..

Coolock again this evening

36992739400_6212797bd2_c.jpg

Oooh that's nice.

Did you go and see that thing I told you about?

Its gone!

Wasn't me, didn't get a chance to get near it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

mod edit. Also given ban for abuse.

Advertisement