Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Ye mine is a 69..

Was behind a lovely e30.. Nice to see one without pretending to be a 325i sport, terrible photo but Chinese phone and lights about to go green will do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Citroen BX diesel van.

NjMpFn8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

My sister sent me these last week from Madrid, she didn't know what the occasion was.

430515.jpeg
    430516.jpeg
    Anyone know what the purple one is? Modified?
    430517.jpeg
    430518.jpeg
    430519.jpeg

430520.jpeg
    430521.jpeg
    430522.jpeg
    430523.jpeg
    430525.jpeg

Last ones:

430526.jpeg
    430527.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Citroen BX diesel van.

I gotta keep an eye out for that! Round the corner of there is usually a CL500 :D

Not too far up the road I spotted this
    7EynI9Eh.jpg

The white Merc may well end up in here at some stage too

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

I gotta keep an eye out for that! Round the corner of there is usually a CL500 :D

cl500 is gone,, he replaced that with a aston dbs, live beside it myself but never seen the citroen around

tuborg_man wrote: »

cl500 is gone,, he replaced that with a aston dbs, live beside it myself but never seen the citroen around

Yeah the DBS certainly makes for a nice viewing when popping in for cakes at Annavilles :D

Not too far up the road I spotted this
    7EynI9Eh.jpg

The white Merc may well end up in here at some stage too

Have I seen this white Merc around? I think you and I have and a mutual wave one day....I was in an old red BMW 5 series.... :)

tuborg_man wrote: »

Yeah the DBS certainly makes for a nice viewing when popping in for cakes at Annavilles :D

I thought it was the other way round, used to see a DBS before the CL500!

Unless the owner owns both... Or I've gone bananas :eek:
    Have I seen this white Merc around? I think I have and a mutual wave one day....I was in an old red BMW 5 series.... :)

That probably was the white Merc, possibly the only white 202 in the locality used as a daily driver :p

Cinnabar red E34 or 85 E28 M535i? Only 2 I can think of! :D

• Advertisement

Cinnabar red E34 or 85 E28 M535i? Only 2 I can think of! :D

E28 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

rover.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

rover.jpg

Is it just me or does the number plate ruin the look of the car.
    Imo modern plates just don't look good on classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the number plate ruin the look of the car.
    Imo modern plates just don't look good on classics.

Not just the Europlates, but the pre-2011 import five-digit (six in Dublin) serial numbers are vile on classics also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,067 ✭✭✭✭elperello

jozi wrote: »
    My sister sent me these last week from Madrid, she didn't know what the occasion was.

430515.jpeg
    430516.jpeg
    Anyone know what the purple one is? Modified?
    430517.jpeg
    430518.jpeg
    430519.jpeg

That was good of her. Some lovely cars there.
    The purple one you asked about is a Cord. Not modified that's how they built them in the 1930's. You won't see too many of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

nice little MGB in Bray the other day, nifty reg - 79ZD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

yeah I agree, here's my take on modern plates, the difference is small but I think mine look better

79ky10005.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Isambard wrote: »
    yeah I agree, here's my take on modern plates, the difference is small but I think mine look better

79ky10005.jpg

A million times nicer.
    Gorgeous car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Much better looking
    Question - are those plates legal? Is it a requirement to have the full EU and county stuff on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Nice look for the Capri, that plate makes a world of difference. Red plate on the back to round off the look? That P5 is just crying out for a suitably toned down red back plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Much better looking
    Question - are those plates legal? Is it a requirement to have the full EU and county stuff on them?

they are the plates that would have been current in 1979. Strict interpretation of the regs could leave you to believe all imports including used ones should wear europlates. I don't subscribe to this (and my Camper on 87 plates identical passed the CVRT today)

...strict interpretation of the regs could leave you to believe all imports including used ones should wear europlates...

There's no real issue with this - the exact text (which I used to have in a printed leaflet from Revenue) said "vehicles first registered on or after 1/1/92" must use Europlates, but their text doesn't specify between vehicles first registered in RoI or first registered anywhere.

This means that, because it doesn't specifically say "vehicles first registered in The State on or after 1/1/92" then legally, it means first registered anywhere.

Anyway, if it didn't, that would mean that a 1920's Model T imported to RoI in 1994 would have to use Euro plates, but an identical Model T imported in 1990 would not, which would be almost impossible to enforce (even if anyone could be bothered to try).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Seen today. 89 60 series Landcruiser. Love these things.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats lovely.

1 faithful owner from new!

Thats lovely.

1 faithful owner from new!

Do you know it?

Maynooth
    44F6Hb1h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Signage on the truck doesn't look good :(

37765872306_730eeca7e1_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

they are the plates that would have been current in 1979.

Eh what? Those plates didn't come into ply until 1987!

• Advertisement

w124man wrote: »
    Eh what? Those plates didn't come into play until 1987!

Presumably, he meant the non-Europlate black-on-white aspects, rather than the actual digits.

Advertisement