Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Spotted in Birr a while ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Some great finds lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

twirlagig wrote: »
    Spotted in Birr a while ago...

Not showing up for me, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I can see one of the tvr, looks awesome btw, but the other attachments are just a tiny white dot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's a problem across boards. A lot of photos are randomly doing that. The title in the tab comes up "Attachment (1x1) " and displaying 1 pixel in Chrome. They're coming up fine on my phone. I downloaded and saved other peoples pics and it's just a white dot too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Same problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

I've just come back from a trip to North-Western Croatia. A few interesting cars around. Lots of Renault 4s in regular use, I wonder if they were produced there or something. Anyway, I didn't take any photos of those, but snapped a few other, more Eastern looking machines.

I thought this was a fiat 500 when I first saw it. Is it some kind of Soviet copy?
    IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG

An elderly gent arrived in this outside our hotel each morning. He seemed to have a regular coffee date there with some of his pals. The wheels had the Yugo logo on them.
    IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG

We were driving along a back road when this bus body caught my eye:
    IMG_1041.JPG
    It turns out there was a car stored inside!

IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

pryantcc wrote: »

I thought this was a fiat 500 when I first saw it. Is it some kind of Soviet copy?

An elderly gent arrived in this outside our hotel each morning. He seemed to have a regular coffee date there with some of his pals. The wheels had the Yugo logo on them.

Both the Fiat 600 and Fiat 128 were built in Serbia (part of Yugoslavia at the time) under licence by Zavasta Motors who also built the the Yugo, which was sold in Ireland and other countries in the late 80's/early 90's.

The factory was destroyed in the Kosovo war, but is now a Fiat plant. There are some details of the history at the beginning of this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Automobili_Srbija

Great photos, thanks for posting - love the was-a-bus-now-a-garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Clane

AzOh7Igh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Type 17 wrote: »
    Both the Fiat 600 and Fiat 128 were built in Serbia (part of Yugoslavia at the time) under licence by Zavasta Motors who also built the the Yugo, which was sold in Ireland and other countries in the late 80's/early 90's.

The factory was destroyed in the Kosovo war, but is now a Fiat plant. There are some details of the history at the beginning of this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Automobili_Srbija

Great photos, thanks for posting - love the was-a-bus-now-a-garage!

There is also the Puch 500 built in Austria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

There is also the Puch 500 built in Austria

By Steyr Puch who rallied them!

90974b28157360ff39ba0006542e45d6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Visited the BMW museum in Munich at the weekend and saw some beauties. Apart from that, I came across this Merc parked in a shopping centre car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 benmad

• Registered Users Posts: 27 benmad

how do you post a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I use Imgur.com
    When you click on the uploaded image you want to use, there opens a list of links down the right hand side and you click on " BB and message boards".
    This saves the image link to your phone's clipboard.
    Now go to the post you want to have the picture appear to, and hold your finger on the text box for a second, and select "paste"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

some recent spots, Dublin/Wicklow

and one more...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Is that not an E12, circa 1974? I used to see similar in the Phoenix park! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Novice driver in an MGB GT that's unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,442 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Car has always appealed to young ladies in my experience. One of the few classic cars that do, or so it seems.

• Advertisement

Is that not an E12, circa 1974? I used to see similar in the Phoenix park! :D

you may well be right young man. As to what you were doing up in The Park, i'll leave that to you :)

Visited the BMW Museum in Berlin last week. Apart from some of the more usual cars, there were a number of lovely old timers also. There was also a very interesting history of the BMW organisation from it's birth right up to the present day. There might be one or two cars you don't readily recognise as these are concept vehicles. Anyway, some pics to peruse. I also included a picture of an old American pick up truck, one of those iconic vehicles.

And some more......

And more........

Almost there..........

And finally....................

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Get back in the queue!

Seriously some lovely cars there thanks for posting them sogood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

24346046148_895a8e3af5_b.jpg

38142714056_2115b65e76_b.jpg

38142713836_0125ede319_b.jpg

38198982421_37af9f290a_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

Kylemore Abbey

Advertisement