Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

38198982421_37af9f290a_b.jpg

Hey allthedoyles, where were these shots taken? - looks like a view worth a detour when in the area. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

ciarang85 wrote: »
    Kylemore Abbey

Bonus XM in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Type 17 wrote: »
    Hey allthedoyles, where were these shots taken? - looks like a view worth a detour when in the area. :)

Its certainly worth a detour . Its a place called the Nine Stones , and you can get there easily from either side of Bunclody Co Wexford or from Borris Co Carlow .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Its certainly worth a detour . Its a place called the Nine Stones , and you can get there easily from either side of Bunclody Co Wexford or from Borris Co Carlow .

Great, thanks for that.

<adds details to satnav for next leisure spin> :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Also simply known as Mount Leinster.
    Back in the day you could drive all the way up to the transmission mast before they put the gates up.
    I remember my dad had a mark 1 Cortina back in the early 70's and decided to drive all the way up to the top, grand until we turned around to come down with my mother and four kids on board and the old drum brakes gave in.
    We just about made it down safely, we kids thought it was great crack altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

Anyone like Sierras?
    IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Fella made it look like a boat. There was no evidence that he'd tried to make it float though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

hi5 wrote: »
    Also simply known as Mount Leinster.
    Back in the day you could drive all the way up to the transmission mast before they put the gates up.
    I remember my dad had a mark 1 Cortina back in the early 70's and decided to drive all the way up to the top, grand until we turned around to come down with my mother and four kids on board and the old drum brakes gave in.
    We just about made it down safely, we kids thought it was great crack altogether.

I did the same as a 10-11 year old to Mount Kippure in a Saab 96 (which back then - mid 70s - was not so much a classic as just a weird and rare sight esp in Ireland), free-wheel mode on and several minutes of excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That sierra would look class with the whale tail. Even if it only ever was an xr4i.

Bray today

38308694636_a06541d2ac_c.jpg

38363435471_ed576df837_c.jpg

38308694826_25cfc3b844_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

I passed that in my BEAT a few weeks ago on the N11. Was talking at the lights to the driver. Should have asked him to stop at the next petrol station for a chat. Love those X19's

There's nothing like a nice slim bumperd X/19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

kev1.3s wrote: »
    There's nothing like a nice slim bumperd X/19.

That'd be the 1.3, not going to lie I find it odd there's a sunroof on a targa top :D

Meanwhile in Granard
    YozHxyKh.jpg

FIBz61Vh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

^

Really hate that modern trend of skinny tyre walls :pac:

The original 'run flat'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Alan_Ganley

^

Really hate that modern trend of skinny tyre walls :pac:

:)
    Just being trendy. It'll pass :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bentley in Tuam today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Immaculate W116 in Greystones recently. It's not the first time I've seen it around; looked & sounded fantastic.
    It's coming up as a '79, so one of the later W116, iirc they changed to the W126 in 1980/81

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A friend of mine used to own that. I posted a few pics of it here a while back. There's only about 10,000 miles on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

tc20 wrote: »
    Immaculate W116 in Greystones recently. It's not the first time I've seen it around; looked & sounded fantastic.
    It's coming up as a '79, so one of the later W116, iirc they changed to the W126 in 1980/81

Yup, that's one of the last W116's. I have seen it about as well though not too often. Pity it has the wrong wheels fitted.

The original wheels were in the boot when my friend had it.

sligojoek wrote: »
    The original wheels were in the boot when my friend had it.

Hope they are still with it! 15" Mexican hats?

I was driving south or Gorey today and spotted an Orange Lancia sticking its bum out ..........

Wonder where I have seen pics of that before ......

w124man wrote: »
    Hope they are still with it! 15" Mexican hats?

I was driving south or Gorey today and spotted an Orange Lancia sticking its bum out ..........

Wonder where I have seen pics of that before ......

I'd say so. My friend only drove it about ten times. The longest drive was from the South of England over to here. It was kept in a warm building with a dustsheet over it for about 3 years. Whoever has it now got a really good low mileage car.

434130.jpg

434131.jpg

• Advertisement

434135.jpg

434131.jpg

434136.jpg

434139.jpg

434140.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Audi Coupe (1970's version) in Audi Wexford showroom today. No pics, just spotted it as I passed by. Red in colour.

Spotted in Killester on Thursday or Friday..pics aren't great from the mobile

37944023144_5eff5e6f7d_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Spotted this Daimler Dart in Carrickmines on Sunday. Only way to describe it is "show condition".

Spotted in Killester on Thursday or Friday..pics aren't great from the mobile

37944023144_5eff5e6f7d_c.jpg

Not sure if anyone is familiar with where this is parked, but I came out of the DART station across the road today and noticed two pretty shady looking lads peering into this. They looked up and saw me and a small number of others leaving and quickly took off.

Of course they could just be admirers but that wasn't my first impression.

I can't tell if the owner is local or parks up and uses the DART (its a very quiet area), I do hope its the former though.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

24915827058_59998bbfa3_k.jpg2017-12-02_05-38-52 by Jason doyle, on Flickr

Spotted in gorey today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's a daily driver, see it fairly regularly out and about. An old gentleman drives it and I don't think he sees it as a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

It's a daily driver, see it fairly regularly out and about. An old gentleman drives it and I don't think he sees it as a classic.

Yeah I've seen it around quiet a few times myself, lovely clean, straight, well minded car

• Advertisement

Ive seen it loads of times too and usually with his wife (?) driving it. I saw it in Ferns on Thursday and last Saturday she was buying wiper blades in Tommy Hylands!

Advertisement