Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

20180125_162456.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

One of those stolen down wesht recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

not seen today, but since early January.
    Got me a new camera phone, so still getting to grips with it, so the quality pics should be better than my last Nokia brick :)
    Alfa in greystones.
    The Merc was in D4. A couple of years ago I was in traffic around Ranelagh and had this beauty behind me, then let it pass to have the rear view for a while..its the real deal, and one of the first motors on my Lotto list :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Great spots. I used to own 74-WW-517!

@ Duke - what car was that plate on?
    c'mon man...you know the drill...pics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Spotted recently

tc20 wrote: »
    @ Duke - what car was that plate on?
    c'mon man...you know the drill...pics :D

It was a Saab 96 v4!

There should be pics on this forum somewhere..I'll have to go trawling.

It was a Saab 96 v4!

nice...cool car, always had a soft spot for them :cool:

tc20 wrote: »
    nice...cool car, always had a soft spot for them :cool:

It was one of the greatest cars I had but also one of the worst..!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Lovely Imp Californian doing wedding duty today in Arva, Co.Cavan.

mYYJFK9.jpg

• Advertisement

Cabra;

20180205_003721.jpg

I've seen that car countless times, it really gets around.

Manta in Bray a week or so ago.
    The Mini (if you can spot it ;) ) was in Blackrock - I've seen it there before a good while back, so a daily driver most likely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That Mini seems to live there. I park beside it regularly on my O'Briens wine run!

That Manta is absolutely class. I saw it at Terenure a few years ago in the spectator's car park

In Donaghmede

39540090334_82a66d0fa5_c.jpg

VW up 'de mountains. Also spotted Dades of this parish in his 924 in Topaz Kilmacanoge..I was in the '88 Transit!

39422893415_d9abd4c60d_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Speaking of Transits, a friend of mine tok this at a show in London today

27971725_1875572119120030_864166800193788012_n.jpg?oh=1def0a94d0676c90d92aa74a06e551ba&oe=5B02C1F6

VW up 'de mountains. Also spotted Dades of this parish in his 924 in Topaz Kilmacanoge..I was in the '88 Transit!

39422893415_d9abd4c60d_c.jpg

I see Hitler's driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Didn't get a picture but spotted a lovely lancia Aurelia b20 coupe in navy blue in ballon today.

• Advertisement

That was indeed me! Had just climbed the Sugarloaf with the kids and stopped to put some juice in the familywagon. :)

I didn't spot the Transit as I was distracted by a big campervan thinking it would be cool to go touring in one but not to own it!

Today was a perfect day to be driving something interesting in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

1974 Beatle
    It lives near me but this is the first time I have seen it out and about this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

1974 Beatle
    It lives near me but this is the first time I have seen it out and about this year.

That's between Fota and Cobh just over the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 65,442 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dades wrote: »
    That was indeed me! Had just climbed the Sugarloaf with the kids and stopped to put some juice in the familywagon. :)

Ha! I saw a smashing looking black 924 at the Sugarloaf car park yesterday and was just about to PM you now to ask if that was you :)

You might have seen me up the mountain. Had 3 girls with me and our puppy Labrador - her first proper hike!

Jaysus lads we could have staged an impromptu meet between the three of us :pac:

38511290820_bb3a66a532_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,442 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice! You own that camper? It looks like it came out of the factory recently, not 30 years ago.

I do indeed unkel, bought it in Galway recently.

It needs a bit of tidying but the plan is to have it good to go in the Summer.

The body is by Auto Sleeper - who are still making campers so obviously doing something right and this is a testament to that. Its really nicely proportioned and laid out.

It also qualifies for classic tax as of today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I do indeed unkel, bought it in Galway recently.

It needs a bit of tidying but the plan is to have it good to go in the Summer.

The body is by Auto Sleeper - who are still making campers so obviously doing something right and this is a testament to that. Its really nicely proportioned and laid out.

It also qualifies for classic tax as of today :P

Whats the insurance like on it Duke. Always heard cover for campers was eye watering?

Agricola wrote: »
    Whats the insurance like on it Duke. Always heard cover for campers was eye watering?

Insured with Stuart Insurance for €500. Its much like classic insurance really.

There are a good load of forms to fill out, and they ask for loads of photos of the van but otherwise they were no hassle to deal with.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Ha! I saw a smashing looking black 924 at the Sugarloaf car park yesterday and was just about to PM you now to ask if that was you :)

You might have seen me up the mountain. Had 3 girls with me and our puppy Labrador - her first proper hike!
    Pretty sure i passed you at some point alright - I love dogs and remember checking out a few pups!

Glad now I gave the car a wash on Friday, too. :P
    Jaysus lads we could have staged an impromptu meet between the three of us :pac:
    I thought a transit was a man-with-a-van... turns out I was checking out your camper in that filling station!

Advertisement