Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

gammygils wrote: »
    Had this beauty driving behind me in Athlone today. ZV plate left hooker. Can anyone identify it from poor quality photos?

An '85/'86 IROC Camaro?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

An '85/'86 IROC Camaro?

I think you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Greystones over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Rush hour today in Fairview, Dublin,

Think I have seen it same place before so maybe a daily?

W123 300D

w123.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Last weeding leaving the Show Centre..coming from the car show. Looked utterly mint

44759621662_5772e91cee_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Clonshaugh

44816043162_d25219f268_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dún Laoghaire
    nxQAksZh.jpg
    baWGFy6h.jpg
    uXRKlcRh.jpg
    ocTDoHAh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

That 1602 BMW.
    Love it, and love the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Filling up 107€ during the cannonball run

462055.jpg

462056.jpg

462057.jpg

462059.jpg

462060.jpg

• Advertisement

462061.jpg

462062.jpg

462063.jpg

462064.jpg

Not sure where to put this yoke. Hope it's OK here,

462067.jpg

462068.jpg

462069.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,058 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That Volvo is a rare beauty.
    Same model used by The Saint.

elperello wrote: »
    That Volvo is a rare beauty.
    Same model used by The Saint.

Ya. A lovely motor. I saw, I think, the same car on the move a few weeks ago but wasn't fast enough to get a pic. I was third in the queue to talk to the owner do didn't keep him too long. There was a wild smell of petrol off it as he drove away. Reminded me of my old biking days when a rake of bikes had a warm up before taking off.

On another note, I'm hoping to get a look at a 70 D Mercedes tomorrow. I saw it parked outside a neighbour's house for the last few days. Don't know if he owns it or has visitors. Looks something like this.
    Mercedes-Benz_W111_Ilmenau.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

VW Camper in Athlone & the Merc in Tuam

Nv9ZCmbh.jpg

uOqrie4h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

sligojoek wrote: »
    On another note, I'm hoping to get a look at a 70 D Mercedes tomorrow. I saw it parked outside a neighbour's house for the last few days. Don't know if he owns it or has visitors. Looks something like this.
    Mercedes-Benz_W111_Ilmenau.jpg

A "70 D" could not have been the car in the pic, as the above car is a Mercedes W111 "Fintail" which ended production in 1968. They were followed by the W108 series S-class (280S/280SE/280SEL) and the W109 (300SEL) and it would have looked like the pic below. Note European spec cars had cowled headlights, the US cars had "Stacked headlights" (but like with anything Mercedes in thoses days, you could have your European car delivered with non-cowled stacked headlights :-) )... 
    800px-Mercedes_Benz_W108_250SE_Automatic_Front.jpg

Dun Laoghaire, Blackrock & Greystones over the weekend.
    I'd seen the Beetle earlier in the day elsewhere in Wicklow, it's on original Irish plates.
    Not sure if the Ferrari is a 348, or a 355.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

tc20 wrote: »
    I'd seen the Beetle earlier in the day elsewhere in Wicklow, it's on original Irish plates.

MR2 ferrari replica?

Chiparus wrote: »
    MR2 ferrari replica?

could have been, I was a bit back from the lights when I saw it, but it looked like the real thing. I stand to be corrected though.

Chiparus wrote: »

MR2 ferrari replica?
    Tricky one, difficult to see from a distance. I first thought it was the replica, but I am not sure anymore, could be the real one... rear windows seems to be the giveway, the slots on the side air intake are the giveawys but they are difficult to see in the pic...
    Ferrari-kosttum-3.jpg
    and here is the real deal:
    Ferrari_348-GTB_STRADA_xMAM4291_9355001.jpg

• Advertisement

^ I stand corrected so :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dún Laoghaire
    I work a bit from the Lexicon in DL, and see them there all the time. Do they all have the same owner I wonder? Odd that 3-4 classics are stored in the same spot underground. Not the best spot, either - in a busy area opposite the valeting service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There's an extra classic in that lot!

Behind the Ferrari there's a gold 944 parked in the driveway - it's been there for years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's certainly not a F355 for me anyway. Might be a 348, but first glance said Replica

Dades wrote: »
    There's an extra classic in that lot!

Behind the Ferrari there's a gold 944 parked in the driveway - it's been there for years. :)

well played Sir ;) - there's a metallic light blue '95 911 just off Temple Hill too, seems to be always in the drive too

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    A "70 D" could not have been the car in the pic, as the above car is a Mercedes W111 "Fintail" which ended production in 1968. They were followed by the W108 series S-class (280S/280SE/280SEL) and the W109 (300SEL) and it would have looked like the pic below. Note European spec cars had cowled headlights, the US cars had "Stacked headlights" (but like with anything Mercedes in thoses days, you could have your European car delivered with non-cowled stacked headlights :-) )... 

I appreciate that. I just saw it from front as I was passing in the car. I had a quick google for something that looked like it. If he's there this evening I'll go up for a chat and a proper look.

sligojoek wrote: »
    If he's there this evening I'll go up for a chat and a proper look.

If he's a proud owner of the car, he will be delighted to tell you all about it. Have had several of these W108/109 saloons and they in a league of their own. If it has the "S" badge, it tells you it's a carburated straight six, if it has the "SE" badge, it's the fuel injected straight six, unless you can see the badge 3.5 or 4.5 on the other side of the bootlid, which means it has a 3,5 litre of American spec 4,5 litre V8 under the bonnet.
    Better still, if it has the 300SEL badge, that means it's the most luxurious limousine of them all, with the added "L" meaning it has a longer wheelbase, exclusively for the rear passenger! All these cars have Air Suspension!
    Cherry on the top, but ultra rare, if has the 6.3 badge on the other side of the bootlid, that would be the most elusive of them all, with a 6.3 litre V8 straight out of the Grosser 600 series, shoehorned in the W109... Fastest production saloon of it's day :). Friend of mine used to have an original Irish reg 6.3

Just had a look there now. He was at work so I just had a look around. It's a left hand drive 280S automatic. Got a few pics and will put them up when I get home.

Talking about Mercedes, these two cars were the absolute highlight on a recent classic car show which I helped organising here locally in Holland a couple of weeks ago. Although the silver one was almost concours, I preferred the absolutely genuinely authentic, unmolested, unrestored, original and 'rough around the edges' green 300SL

462160.jpg462159.jpg

• Advertisement

It was hard to get a decent pic as it was getting dark and there was a very bright sensor light on the house. Plus it was pinned in by the wall and another car. I'll go up some other day and have a chat with him.

Yeah, I was totally wrong with the pic I posted earlier.

462185.jpg

462186.jpg

462188.jpg

462189.jpg

Advertisement