Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GavFitz

tc20 wrote: »
    a rare sight indeed - what does the "58" sticker refer too?? :confused:

Marco Simoncelli was Number 58 and died in a crash, he was an Italian professional motorcycle racer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Aungier Street this afternoon (appropriately enough parked outside an antiques shop).

1wvTaJkh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

spotted over the Christmas break around nth Wicklow/sth Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

..and a few more.. i'll hazard a guess at the unknown car - is it a Ford Pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Austin A35 would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Dacia1300

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Austin A35 would be my guess.

Definitely either an A30 or A35

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

It's an A35

The clue is in the rear window I think. The A30 has a tiny one.

4605054720_4932c6a454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Phoenix Park :

20190106-175205.jpg

88, so highly importable now, if it wasn't for the 7 litre beast under the bonnet:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

macplaxton wrote: »
    It's an A35

The clue is in the rear window I think. The A30 has a tiny one.

4605054720_4932c6a454.jpg

I'd defo have gone with the parking sensors option pack on that A30.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

I think it may have a pair fitted.

• Advertisement

Blanchardstown:

20190110-180504.jpg

1931 A7 in Rosslare Harbour at the weekend, some lucky sod just imported her.

20190112-192222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Cork

20190114-132340.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Lanesbrough co Longford
    AvzGCi7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

A few pics from Citroen Classicque garage last month in Amsterdam. Was there with my brother when he was getting a DS he bought checked out before driving back to Ireland
    1.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,055 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lovely.
    Nice cars, cool garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

m17 wrote: »
    Lanesbrough co Longford
    AvzGCi7.jpg

Thats my old 240d auto, jap import. Thanks for sharing !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Speaking of white '123s

This was in Coolock this morning

31885061057_3be2f64ca0_c.jpg

You do some amount of shopping in lidl and Tesco out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Speaking of white '123s

This was in Coolock this morning

31885061057_3be2f64ca0_c.jpg

If you moved the camera to the right, you'd have got a pic of me gawking at that car as I walked out of the shop ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,438 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Another good quality classic going back to the UK? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

If you moved the camera to the right, you'd have got a pic of me gawking at that car as I walked out of the shop ;)

Small world, another few degrees to right of FP and you would have caught me sitting in car behind fence in petrol station ,watching it pass by. May not be
    going for export as I have seen that truck working out of a car dealers on the estate.
    As an aside it wasn't any of you gentlemen that stopped to offer help when I ran out of diesel near Darndale roundabout on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,438 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

911s wrote: »
    As an aside it wasn't any of you gentlemen that stopped to offer help when I ran out of diesel near Darndale roundabout on Sunday?

Diesel in a 911s? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

elperello wrote: »
    Lovely.
    Nice cars, cool garage.

What kind of contraption is that used to work on the underside of the car ?

Is this a widely available solution or a roll you own bit of ingenuity from the guys ?

I love it btw, I am sure its much more accessible to home mechanics than a lift !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

RobAMerc wrote: »

Is this a widely available solution or a roll you own bit of ingenuity from the guys ?

I love it btw, I am sure its much more accessible to home mechanics than a lift !

It's not that unusual. Make's it easier to repair floor sections than having the car on a ramp, as in you are 'facing' your work.
    Maybe the one they have is 'home made', as many of them are, but they can be bought in various guises easily enough.
    https://www.rolloverjigs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

RobAMerc wrote: »

That's a chassis tilter...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TILTER-CAR-ROLLER-CHASSIS-TILTER-TILT-CAR-LIFT-CJAUTOS-CT01-4-Stud-/332833867397

• Registered Users Posts: 15,055 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I saw one of them at a classic car show in Manchester.
    The guy demonstrating had a car on it and even allowing for the fact that he was well practiced it seemed like a handy piece of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Those tilters are news to me!

Obviously you would have to remove all fluids before?

The one in the video seems to support the car via the hub - would that not do damage. Suspension is designed to take loads in one direction only, and this is putting all the weight of the car, on one side, at right angles to the designed for path?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Hard cornering can generate over 1G laterally, so the suspension has no trouble handing a static side-load like that.
    However, driving like that all the time would definitely wear things out very quickly - I wonder what the wheel bearings look like on the vehicles used for "Arab Drifting"?:

file-31-1438373418556357100.jpg?itok=ymtcn5i3

Fluids would mostly be fine - engine oil, coolant and gearbox are sealed (unless a particular engine layout might mean engine oil flowing back up the breather pipe and into the air filter when tilted), and if you replace the brake fluid cap with one without a breather hole you should be fine. You'd also need to be sure that your battery was the sealed type :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway
    B9jMv1V.jpg

Advertisement