Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Lovely Z3 in Dingle today:

Z3.jpg

IMG-20200310-184141.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

RnLpa0s.jpg

Also saw this on College Street

w0C3OC7.jpg

dCFLiU0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I'm 99% sure that Merc estate used to be a taxi in Dublin until about 7 or 8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dublin 15

9udKCxa.jpg

HMvnmIK.jpg

AcQ9DZH.jpg

BQWtjx4.jpg

Spotted the Volvo in the driveway

cqLUX4f.jpg

zNU8cHZ.jpg

Saw the guy working on the Zodiac under the cover,really friendly guy,great talking to him and taking the time to show me the cars.

zgQgpyk.jpg

qQ0E9N7.jpg

E7xrwqA.jpg

SdJjjXA.jpg

ZiRxnIH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

After taking these the owner came out. Turns out I know him. I've put a few pics of his other Ferrari, a 599 on another thread. This is 1980. He's spent the last three years rebuilding this from top to bottom. This was it's maiden voyage. I could see the suspension, steering and brakes were all brand new. No expense spared. He said he'd take me for a spin when the virus has passed.

505800.jpg

505801.jpg

505802.jpg

505803.jpg

505804.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

sligojoek wrote: »
    After taking these the owner came out. Turns out I know him. I've put a few pics of his other Ferrari, a 599 on another thread. This is 1980. He's spent the last three years rebuilding this from top to bottom. This was it's maiden voyage. I could see the suspension, steering and brakes were all brand new. No expense spared. He said he'd take me for a spin when the virus has passed.

That's in Grange?

Put a good word in for me while you're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's a beauty.
    I'd say you are looking forward to that spin :)

Let's spare a thought for all the fine people at Ferrari and hope they are getting through these difficult times as best they can.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/15/cars/ferrari-suspending-production-coronavirus/index.html

rizzodun wrote: »
    That's in Grange?

Ya, Grange. Sorry, There's only 2 seats.

The engine was sweet as a nut. I recorded a wee video clip as he drove off. I'll see if I can upload it.

Ya, Grange. Sorry, There's only 2 seats.

The engine was sweet as a nut. I recorded a wee video clip as he drove off. I'll see if I can upload it.

Well you know I meant after you but OK....

Jeez. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's in Grange?

And me. The missus' family have a gaff down in Streedagh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Should it not have a ZV or so reg for it to be legally on the road?

Sure, he may live in Belleek.

Streedagh and its environs are place a part and worthy of a drive down to in your 308. Though i don't think it would handle the cattle grates up at the Point! :)

I don't know. Should it?

The owner is a well known and respected businessman with operations all over the world. There's a fair chance he's home from any one of the major British cities for the weekend. Or even longer now, the way things are going.

I don't know. Should it?

The owner is a well known and respected businessman with operations all over the world. There's a fair chance he's home from any one of the major British cities for the weekend. Or even longer now, the way things are going.

Take it easy. I'm not trying to start a row. It was a genuine question.

Sure, he may live in Belleek.

Streedagh and its environs are place a part and worthy of a drive down to in your 308. Though i don't think it would handle the cattle grates up at the Point! :)

Nothing a trailer wouldn't solve. It's like the Bonneville salt flats when the tide is out.

No worries. I didn't mean to come across snappy.

Tbf it's a long known annoyance on here that people do drive on British plates or a wee bit too long so I can see how it went over.

Basically, if you're resident in the state and you bring in a foreign car you have 30days to VRT it and get the plates changed. You'll get a choice of ZV (if over 30yo) or age plate.

And depending on the county of registration of the age will highlight how ****e it looks on your machine with the current system of backloaded numbers.

I'd imagine if he was so inclined to stick an SO (off that is his place of residence) on it, it wouldn't look so bad though.

Nothing a trailer wouldn't solve. It's like the Bonneville salt flats when the tide is out.

I actually wouldn't think it would fit through the one at the top of the hill.

Though if it was me I'd be keeping her well away from the sea. Even the SuperValu carpark is too close to salt for me.

No worries. Its a beautiful car. The sort of car you only ever see in the movies. Fair play to the lad that owns it. I hope he gets to drive it as much as I'd love to.

No worries. Its a beautiful car. The sort of car you only ever see in the movies. Fair play to the lad that owns it. I hope he gets to drive it as much as I'd love to.

I'm sure he will.

I've never stood that close to one before. It was only up to my hips.

He came to the village to get petrol to take it out for a run. When he got to the station he had a key wallet for the wrong Ferrari (as you do). He had to get home and back on fumes. I offered to get the petrol cop open with a phase tester but he wasn't taking any chances.

• Advertisement

I'm sure he will.

I've never stood that close to one before. It was only up to my hips.

He came to the village to get petrol to take it out for a run. When he got to the station he had a key wallet for the wrong Ferrari (as you do). He had to get home and back on fumes. I offered to get the petrol cop open with a phase tester but he wasn't taking any chances.

And he still offered you a spin after offering to pry off the cap?

Do I smell??

And he still offered you a spin after offering to pry off the cap?

Do I smell??

I was just joking with him. I wouldn't have gone near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Knocklyon earlier:

506060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

506310.jpg

Spotted this Corolla back in Feb I think, Whitegate petrol station near Virginia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

recent sightings, I wonder if the MG is the same as Garzard spotted in Knocklyon above? (i saw it in Greystones)
    The Beetle was doing a solo parade, fair play to him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Merrion Road today during lunch, caught it just on time.

506362.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Old timer out braving the Corona pandemic on Friday

49689989292_feed30bfa4_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ballinasloe. Same spot as a red MK1 Sierra a while back.

506686.jpg

506687.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

kaizersoze wrote: »

506687.jpg

Nice, the mk4 Zephyrs and Zodiac are quite rare, it's a V6 too.

Never saw one in that colour before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Old timer out braving the Corona pandemic on Friday

49689989292_feed30bfa4_z.jpg

Excuse my ignorance Duke, what is this??

Advertisement