Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What make of car is that?

Its a Lancia Delta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's an 8valve delta HF integrale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    xDMV0Af.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anymore of the E30? Unusual to see a 88 with the facelift m-tec 2 kit. I like the colour though (also not original)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

MisR3gw.jpg

FqnLfZX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

jozi wrote: »
    Anymore of the E30? Unusual to see a 88 with the facelift m-tec 2 kit. I like the colour though (also not original)

They are a rare sight on our roads now. Colour looks good but not gone on the e36 M3 alloys or the eyebrows. Prefer to keep mine original.

1988 is very early for the tec2, one of the first but I'm not sure if the cabby was also available at the same time with the facelift tec2 saloon. The 1991 in your image is definitely facelift.

letape wrote: »
    They are a rare sight on our roads now. Colour looks good but not gone on the e36 M3 alloys or the eyebrows. Prefer to keep mine original.

They are all in hiding :cool: Couple of friends still daily theirs, I have a touring in the shed that has been undergoing a resto the last few years (which must be 8-10).

Not a big fan of the wheels either but I get the appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Milltown Road today:

509069.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

recent spots around Greystones.
    The Imp had a lovely rorty exhaust sound - original Irish reg too, I've not seen it around before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's like you're stalking that Imp from that vantage point TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

It's like you're stalking that Imp from that vantage point TC.

bit of a "grassy knoll" location for sure there B :)
    I'd missed getting a pic of the car a short time beforehand and was out for a walk when I heard it heading my way, I had him in my crosshairs then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Glasheen,Cork earlier.
    There’s also a navy ford Scorpio parked here occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

tc20 wrote: »
    bit of a "grassy knoll" location for sure there B :)
    I'd missed getting a pic of the car a short time beforehand and was out for a walk when I heard it heading my way, I had him in my crosshairs then ;)
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its was the shooter in the grassy knoll

Well as he said himself above there, he caught him on his way "back and to the left" :)

Bill Hicks on Kennedy Assassination:
    https://youtu.be/8aaqN7SqLpU?t=166

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

tc20 wrote: »
    recent spots around Greystones.
    The Imp had a lovely rorty exhaust sound - original Irish reg too, I've not seen it around before.

The Fiat 500 is lovely, and in RHD too? Even rarer.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Volkswagen T25 Camper van parked up beside the canal, hasn't been there too long judging by the rain beaten dirt around the tyres, looks like a decent one. Around 1982 would it be?

509773.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Testacalda wrote: »
    Around 1982 would it be?

A bit earlier, YZO is late '81, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

Sounds about right for 1981. Our Land Cruiser is LZO from '81.

Saw a Fiat Regatta today on a drive..... Dunno does it get out and about much but from a distance it certainly does t look like it's anchored all the time.

Can't remember exactly but I think the 1.3s didn't get the fancy grill so this might be whatever the regatta version of the Ritmo super 85 was?

Was really surpised when I saw it, not many of these got to 15 years old... Not to mention 35.

510133.jpg

Can't read the reg, but looking at the layout / high number, it's a post-2011 import - I'd be stunned if any original Irish ones had survived.
    Still impressive to see one at all - I have driven to / around Italy a few times on hols, and even there, they are really rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Looks like a Renault 25 behind it as well

Looks like a Renault 25 behind it as well

It does (or maybe a Safrane). Looking at the Polo saloon with the alloys / silver centre caps, this guy likes oddball cars - is that your house, Duke O Smiley?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Type 17 wrote: »
    It does (or maybe a Safrane)
    Definitely a R25, looks like it has double optic headlights making it a high spec model - TXi, V6 etc.

R25 indeed and the Regatta is an S as I thought it might have been. Was taxed until recently also...

510222.jpg

510223.png

Merrion Road today, not my best shot though unfortunately. Think it's a Merc but not sure.

511503.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

More like an Audi, I think.

sligojoek wrote: »
    More like an Audi, I think.

Think you're right, an Audi 100!

I think so. My old man had one in the late 70s. I got a kinda deja vu when I saw that.

AUDI100-C1--1508_3.jpg

• Advertisement

The funny thing is I only looked back to see what car was responsible for a deafening noise and there it was :P

Advertisement