Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,432 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've never been to Latvia, would like to go. What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I travel a lot for work unkel but it was my first time there. Riga is a small city, the old town is beautiful and everything is very reasonable. 5 star hotel €49 a night, full meal and a load of beers for 3 people €80. Feels very safe, the women are stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Ardgillan castle today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

noelf wrote: »
    Ardgillan castle today..

Brilliant. That would bring out the little boy in any of us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There are a few Bru cannonball run cars appearing around galway over the weekend, haven't been quick enough to get a photo unfortunately but i saw 'something' today. It looked like an old Merc or maybe Rolls, ZV plates lifeted onto enourmous wheels almost small monster truck wheels if that makes any sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

RobAMerc wrote: »

whats the opinion here ?

Some new plates maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Clonsilla, Dublin 15

twFs3vm.jpg

Huuy8zV.jpg

1B7kzeK.jpg

XNlA2Uo.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

^^ In that first picture it looks like the drivers side windscreen is missing but magically reappears in the later photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

antodeco wrote: »
    ^^ In that first picture it looks like the drivers side windscreen is missing but magically reappears in the later photos!

I noticed that too, but it’s just due to the angle of the picture, as the front passenger window looks like it’s missing in the second picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

w124man wrote: »
    Some new plates maybe?

Sorry ? I dont get you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Harfords in Ashbourne today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Cork on Saturday

522655.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Kiltullagh Plaza, Galway.

I wasn't fast enough to get any more pics. Passed me before I realised it was there.

522665.jpeg

522666.jpeg

Just off the Larchfield Rd

522735.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AvCtp8sh.jpg

XyEoZzPh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

A matching set ^^^ :)

I pass this in Dublin 3 severl times a week but usually there is a SUV blocking it, but not this evening! Sorry, not great pic as it's a neighbour of my mother so I didn't want to stop directly outside, took about 20m away.

camper.jpg

Not sure I like the paint scheme on the C123!

Also caught one of those VW campers in Cork on Saturday, along with the Volvo.

522777.jpg

522778.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

sligojoek wrote: »
    Kiltullagh Plaza, Galway.

I wasn't fast enough to get any more pics. Passed me before I realised it was there.

522665.jpeg

522666.jpeg

That's lovely, but that lowering thing into the ground is just.................wrong.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Lowering a car is wrong on so many levels.
    It seriously creates many handling issues with the steering, suspension, tyres ect.
    If you want to drive a classic, and enjoy it, then leave it the way it is.

I dont understand why people think its cool.

I remeber a club outing for volkswagens in the midlands, 3 or 4 cars that came down the motorway
    for the meet in the hotel,had to turn back 2-3 miles from the hotel, because they could
    not get over the ramps on a side road. How cool is that, its not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

That's lovely, but that lowering thing into the ground is just.................wrong.
    kadman wrote: »
    Lowering a car is wrong on so many levels.
    It seriously creates many handling issues with the steering, suspension, tyres ect.
    If you want to drive a classic, and enjoy it, then leave it the way it is.

I dont understand why people think its cool.

I remeber a club outing for volkswagens in the midlands, 3 or 4 cars that came down the motorway
    for the meet in the hotel,had to turn back 2-3 miles from the hotel, because they could
    not get over the ramps on a side road. How cool is that, its not cool.

Cool stories men, thanks for sharing.

Remind me of the miserable aul fellas at the gates of classic shows, turning away cars they don't consider classics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Covid19

Stopped my car to stretch my legs near some woodland somewhere in Ireland. I'd rather not say where. Came into a clearing and found these. Line after line. Middle of nowhere. No house visible nearby. But I turned on my heel and returned to my car in case I was unwittingly trespassing. Last thing I expected to find in a wood.

Sorry folks. I don't know how to embed pictures and I'm in the middle of nowhere, so I'll have to post them one at a time..

Another pic from the wood.

Hi folks,

Sorry about all the false starts. I managed to collage the very bad pics I managed to take during my very brief encounter. Can't say where it was, but suffice to say it was surreal. The woodland in question seemed to be just common land in the middle of nowhere, until I found this. I got a bit of a fright and didn't stay long.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I'd say there are lots of spots like that. I know of one

that is littered with top quality cars, ( or at least it was a few years ago).

Mercs rovers and similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Yeah, I know of a couple of places like that too. Nice cars, at one stage, but rotting into the ground. And none for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

This little beauty in Drumcondra today

IMG-20200813-104308.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

Treated myself to a little classic off eBay last week. Shipped over from Scotland and I collected it and drove home from the north on Saturday. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

And another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ryano87 wrote: »
    And another

Watch out for the brakes on those. Owned a new 1988. Damn thing ate brake rotors like they were going out of style. Still, I did keep it for 10 years and sold it on after 120k miles.

Advertisement