Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Blanchardstown :

IMG-20200922-233140.jpg

IMG-20200922-233200.jpg

IMG-20200922-233559.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

As spotted previously by Garzard, this lovely old thing on Haddington Road

50380452282_5788c6125b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

East Wall and Fitzwilliam square

Fitzwilliam Square is one of those places where you can find a decent spot of nice modern cars and classics. The well to do solicitor or accountant who drives his top of the range Merc in every few days and then once in a while on a friday takes one of his classics in for a run.

2 stunners in the last hour, Dublin Airport and M50:

IMG-20200925-121147.jpg

IMG-20200925-133119.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Ballsbridge:

527438.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Clontarf seafront today. In the space of about an hour today I saw 4 Beetles in this area, and a VW Thing!

50386533713_5c6907daae_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

A new addition replacing the Lancia Fulvia normally in the same place in Dublin 3

IMG-20201001-093258.jpg

Something similar there a couple of years ago. I'd say his neighbours love him.

Dublin City Centre :

IMG-20200929-171904.jpg

IMG-20200929-171942.jpg

IMG-20200929-172246.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

That 500SL. Registered 3rd Janurary 1991. Interesting if it's to be imported here how it'll fair out with VRT and Brexit. Would be one of the first to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Went out to Kingscourt today to see if there was any updates on the 2CV I'm having restored in Poland and I saw these on the way ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

That 500SL. Registered 3rd Janurary 1991. Interesting if it's to be imported here how it'll fair out with VRT and Brexit. Would be one of the first to find out.

This is the big question isn't it. VRT on that one at the moment would be around €4k judging by two that I know of that were brought in over the last two months. It could be that its worth waiting assuming he doesn't get caught but on something like that they will be looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

VRT will be the same as now, it's EU import duty and VAT that will be the problem.
    If there is a deal then duty could be suspended like it is with Japan, not too sure about VAT though.
    You can be sure SIMI will be pushing hard for all the VAT and duty they can load on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

hi5 wrote: »
    VRT will be the same as now, it's EU import duty and VAT that will be the problem.
    If there is a deal then duty could be suspended like it is with Japan, not too sure about VAT though.
    You can be sure SIMI will be pushing hard for all the VAT and duty they can load on.

I'm sure the SIMI will be pushing against it, but is there any precedent that the VAT on an item was already paid within the EU when the item was originally sold? (VAT was paid in 1991 in the UK, then an EU member).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

hi5 wrote: »

Any idea who will handle it? I mean, it's the NCT people that you go to for VRT, but is there anything put in place for what will happen after Dec 31?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Any idea who will handle it? I mean, it's the NCT people that you go to for VRT, but is there anything put in place for what will happen after Dec 31?
    no one knows what to prepare for. Worst case , they'll slot UK imports into the system alongside Japanese imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

It will be handled by Customs and Excise, the same as importing a car from the US or anywhere outside the EU, they won't let a car out of the docks until the tariffs are paid so they better start extending those docks.
    Of course you could just get the ferry from UK to Belfast and drive down across the border to the south because as things are going there isn't going to be a sea or land border:rolleyes:
    It's going to be a right mess.

WTO rules will apply but the VAT question will will have to play itself out as it hasnt been done.

It will be a right mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nice clean LHD VW Westfalia in Garrykennedy, Lough Derg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Saw this at a garage in Limerick, thought there might be a thread somewhere on boards for photos like this.

Never heard of a Wolseley before.

https://imgur.com/a/dQY4TQn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

osarusan wrote: »
    Saw this at a garage in Limerick, thought there might be a thread somewhere on boards for photos like this.

Never heard of a Wolseley before.

https://imgur.com/a/dQY4TQn

mmo1sf1.jpg

And the 16/60 was the taxable horsepower vs the actual horsepower of auld ZV53035 there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hunting for one of these for a while, I often wonder how anyone expects to be able to sell a car with an ad like this:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e34-m60b30-v8/26152920

No info, 1km listed for the mileage and 3 photos in the dark. Even if you are not going to wash it, at least put it outside where the photos might be slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I always think that badly advertised classic cars are put up by lads under pressure from the wife to sell them.

"Sure dear, its advertised online. Dont know why nobody is calling"

• Registered Users Posts: 65,431 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Hunting for one of these for a while, I often wonder how anyone expects to be able to sell a car with an ad like this:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-e34-m60b30-v8/26152920

No info, 1km listed for the mileage and 3 photos in the dark. Even if you are not going to wash it, at least put it outside where the photos might be slightly better.

Near identical to my own car, a '94 530i V8. Sold it for not an awful lot more than that 17 years ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

528758.jpeg

The touring is new, seen the saloon around loads

• Registered Users Posts: 65,431 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Meh, a 4 pot bottom of the bottom of the range, paddy spec! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

^^ @ Jozi's pic - at first glance it's easy to see the family resemblance even after a couple of generations or if you want to be all flowery :) the "design language" has followed through.
    I think the current 5 series models (G30 I think?) bear more of a resemblance to their forebearers in this photo than the E39 and E60

jozi wrote: »
    528758.jpeg

Its always nice to see older cars still in regular use and this is a great picture of a great car.

The Mk 4 Golf is a classic study in how to make a car! Great to see.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Beverley, Knocklyon

528877.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Spotted this nice looking Cortina in Tesco a few weeks back

529005.jpg

the wonders of digital zoom!

Advertisement