Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

That fekkin reg though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The original of the species. 1986/87 Sierra RS Cosworth. A poor pic, but I was on the bike and he pulled up beside me at the lights, just got the phone out before he floored it away.

555249.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

The reg plate is the icing on the cake. 1971 Jaguar XJ S1 2.8.

555248.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

Rolls.jpg

300SE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

This absolute stunner in Dublin last week;

IMG-20210528-000905.jpg

IMG-20210528-000837.jpg

And this absolute stunner in Riga a few days ago;

IMG-20210601-210455.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

KevRossi wrote: »
    The original of the species. 1986/87 Sierra RS Cosworth. A poor pic, but I was on the bike and he pulled up beside me at the lights, just got the phone out before he floored it away.

555249.JPG

Butterfield Ave? I'm sure I heard it going by the house near the village end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    XZHgBq5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

m17 wrote: »
    Galway
    XZHgBq5.jpg

Hasn't seen an MOT since 2017!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

m17 wrote: »
    Galway
    XZHgBq5.jpg

thats lovely - something special and a really special classic car imo. I am very very jealous of the owner of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

w124man wrote: »
    Hasn't seen an MOT since 2017!

It could live up north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Istanbul yesterday. Crap photo but the car was spotless. Hell of a sound off it, probably 3 litre.

IMG-20210610-WA0005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Strandhill, Sligo.

Some job getting that into the recycle bins.

555574.JPG

555573.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

In Leitrim a few days ago

IMG-20210608-170909.jpg

IMG-20210608-170918.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Kilcock, co Kildare

zLmYIwg.jpg

03X02mC.jpg

my59Jjr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Car and motorcycle fund raiser today in Navan for a young lad with cancer ( @warriornahyan )

https://youtu.be/sQ4MIncMBq4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

noelf wrote: »
    Car and motorcycle fund raiser today in Navan for a young lad with cancer ( @warriornahyan )

https://youtu.be/sQ4MIncMBq4

Great shots, loving that Audi estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Lovely sound off it too .. must be a 5 cylinder..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

That Fiat 131 :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Really enjoyed that video, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

these big Benz coupes are among my all time favourite designs.
    Little future classic 500 Abarth with it too

555857.jpg

555858.jpg

555859.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

Virginia, Meath yesterday evening

555865.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

^^^ both lovely!! The 123 is the same colour as mine and I think I've spotted it before - Dublin northside by any chance?

Anyway, I was getting my jab in the Helix this morning. I saw this gent with a W115 (stroke eight) 230. I actually saw it last month getting my first jab but only got a very poor pic (not sure if I bothered posting it). So I stopped for a chat. It's a 1 previous owner '74 and actually assembled in Ireland! He has a W111 too, I wonder if that's it above?

w115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

^^^ both lovely!! The 123 is the same colour as mine and I think I've spotted it before - Dublin northside by any chance?

Cars were in Greystones over the weekend, incidentally both on the same road.
    Don't think I've seen them before as they're on one of my regular walking routes with the dog, so couldn't say if they were 'locals'.
    Another regular poster put up a pic of a similar W111 coupe recently (might have been in the "oldest" thread) I think that was in Dublin alright.

I don't think I've seen a W114/115 before in red, and that looks like a respray and rolling resto - stripped interior etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Ah, unlikely to be the same cars.

Yes, roiling resto was the first thing I said to him. Sure, that applies to all of us I'm sure. Like cutting the grass, you're never finished!! He was actually working on the car when I stopped for a chat, Fitting captive nuts to the door. It was restored before on '08 I think he said, looks a good job to me away..

Good spots TC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

944.jpg

SEC1.jpg

SEC2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

That 90 D merc is really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭_ptashek_

Recent spot at Charlesfort, Co. Cork.
    There were plenty of classics out and about that weekend in Cork.

toyota_1.jpg?dl=1

toyota_2.jpg?dl=1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That Twincam is in lovely nick. Both are. Actually it's been a while since I've seen a ropey one and I did used to see them 10-15 years ago. Where do they find such clean parts for one, when my 23 year old Japanese Jalopy outside of the oily bits can warrant a deep search and/or sellers wanting a king's ransom for a square inch of trim? I actually saw a silver Wicklow reg one a fortnight ago. Sadly no pics and it was dusk, but the damn thing was shining like a new penny. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

Had this little charmer out for the weekend... An experience to drive to say the least 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Ryano87

I never want to polish aluminium again

Advertisement