Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Spotting in Ballsbridge this week. 200 auto. Looked in great condition. I wouldn't have had it out in the rain if it was mine!
    WP_20141218_001_zps1a4a7875.jpg

Lovely car ..... pity about the plates *!!!

* see other thread !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I always admire that Merc when I see it around.

@w124 man, you should see the back plate...
    DDF8CD76-BD53-4C74-9225-103F66290249_zpskkdbuqi0.jpg
    *not my image

^^^ oh my sweet Je5us .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

w124man wrote: »
    ^^^ oh my sweet Je5us .....

True. Down my way, a correct period plate is of course the ubiquitous piece of cardboard with the words "For Reg" scrawled across it. My fathers record was 8 months getting away with that one.

God bless the '70's :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

I see this car a lot (the w123 above) and yes, it's in pretty good shape. I think the driver is a lady, very cool everyday transport.
    I'd agree about the plates. I've just ordered a set of Ace plates for mine ;-)

CFD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Busy day in town today, lots of classic LR's to battle their way into the parking spaces, camera went down on me so I've just some from the week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

IMG_20141221_160150_zpsprww9us_edit_1419188274550_zps8kvcxcfh.jpg?1419214445738&1419214449828

A beautiful Red Ferrari in rainy Galway toay

A beautiful Red Ferrari in rainy Galway toay

And Dubln, must be Santa (red :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Capri wrote: »
    Busy day in town today, lots of classic LR's to battle their way into the parking spaces, camera went down on me so I've just some from the week

A Frogeye...nice one! a proper classic looking very good in green, Common as hens teeth in this country...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

And Dubln, must be Santa (red :) )

Toyota MR2

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

h3000 wrote: »
    Toyota MR2

Good spot. Mad offset in wheels to cover narrow mr2 track.

True. Down my way, a correct period plate is of course the ubiquitous piece of cardboard with the words "For Reg" scrawled across it. My fathers record was 8 months getting away with that one.

I remember new cars being sold in October and onwards with pressed 'FOR REG' plates fitted.

Yes indeed ..... God bless the '70's !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

w124man wrote: »
    I remember new cars being sold in October and onwards with pressed 'FOR REG' plates fitted.

Yes indeed ..... God bless the '70's !!
    80's and early 90's too!
    Ah, them were the days! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

A girl working in the office bought a Micra van in Jan 1990, she finally registered it in August...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I remember Albert Reynolds showing up to something in early December with a pressed For Reg plate on the Jaguar. Waited till January to have it registered.

He was Taoiseach at the time.

Modern intrepretion of a classic

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20141229-fascinating-classic-of-2014-henrik-fiskers-speedster

Scary Polish machines - no NCT there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Modern intrepretion of a classic

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20141229-fascinating-classic-of-2014-henrik-fiskers-speedster

Scary Polish machines - no NCT there ??

I'd say those Polish 'cars' are only for field or yard use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Not getting at any posters in particular, but, i love this thread for the pics of cars, vans, etc. that people see out on the raods/streets
    of Ireland or their homeplace. The net is full of pics for anyone to access.

Anyway, rant over.
    Happy New Year to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

....and on that note,
    9807837323_eab031915d_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

red sean wrote: »
    Not getting at any posters in particular, but, i love this thread for the pics of cars, vans, etc. that people see out on the raods/streets
    of Ireland or their homeplace. The net is full of pics for anyone to access.

Anyway, rant over.
    Happy New Year to everyone!

Well said.

Sorted - new thread :rolleyes:

Classics seen on the net
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93651391#post93651391

Back to RELEVANT photos :rolleyes:

Carina GTI ,TR8, P5,Cortina Auto, 1300GT (Carina more of a Youngtimer but the GTI was rare enough, 2nd GTI I've seen lying up. :(

@sblythe - 2 more 2CV's , frosted for Christmas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

fantastic condition VW spotted in Greystones over the holidays.
    Any one on here know the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭92cooper

Spotted a lovely MKI fiesta, looked like somebodys daily driver too, just off O'Connell street. Looked fantastic and had was sporting some non standard (possibly minilite) wheels. As soon as I get up over 50 posts I might even share my photo. (wft?)

92cooper wrote: »
    Spotted a lovely MKI fiesta, looked like somebodys daily driver too, just off O'Connell street. Looked fantastic and had was sporting some non standard (possibly minilite) wheels. As soon as I get up over 50 posts I might even share my photo. (wft?)

You could always put the photo on Photobucket or somesuch and post the link - is it 50 posts to post a photo :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

daily driver 944 in Bray. I've seen this lots of times as the owner is local to me, he must have it at least 8 years if not more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

not really a classic, but quite unusual sight ... some Citroen I have never seen before. 1994.

Citroen01.jpg

Citroen02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

XM Estate - a rare beast even back in the day, and very rare now.

Advertisement