Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

few hours ago (Little Island, Cork)

20150310_150448.jpg

20150310_150700.jpg

20150310_150516.jpg

20150310_150623.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Some brave soul about to brave the Rock Road traffic this morning:

5Jx5v3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Oh wow, that's an excellent spot! My 96 was 76-WW-517, I wonder if it's a massive coincidence or what...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Some brave soul about to brave the Rock Road traffic this morning

Maybe he was going back up Mt Merrion Ave, traffic at a crawl on the Rock Rd most days, you'd need a well tuned engine there or it could be embarrasing :o

Capri wrote: »
    Maybe he was going back up Mt Merrion Ave, traffic at a crawl on the Rock Rd most days, you'd need a well tuned engine there or it could be embarrasing :o

Lol. I couldn't trust mine to sit in traffic for too long. At the last show in Terenure she died on me a few feet from the entrance....quite embarassing :o
    My Accord on the other hand, she'll sit for hours in rush hour :cool:

I know I just got a pretty bad example of a 96, but it was an unreliable POS :o

• Advertisement

I used to commute the Rock Road in my old Fiat Spider which had a handy manual fan switch. That thing was a lifesaver. You could see the temp drop out of the red before your eyes when it was switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dades wrote: »
    I used to commute the Rock Road in my old Fiat Spider which had a handy manual fan switch. That thing was a lifesaver. You could see the temp drop out of the red before your eyes when it was switched on.

Had them on a couple of distressing old motorbikes in Elder Days. While there is a certain sense of accomplishment I still think they're rather better on a 'stat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

Dades wrote: »
    Some brave soul about to brave the Rock Road traffic this morning:

5Jx5v3.jpg

That's in great nick and in use daily. The owner is into his Saabs....I bought my 900 carlsson off him a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

That's in great nick and in use daily. The owner is into his Saabs....I bought my 900 carlsson off him a few years back.
    are these 2 stroke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Wow, thata some pic of TR2 , ZY 200.. i am

from Louth and have never seen this car , in real life or on the web. Would love to hear who owned it new

• Advertisement

hamburg wrote: »
    are these 2 stroke?

Early ones are, this is v4

just like an hour ago, Little Island again

Ford%20model%20T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

rugbyman wrote: »
    Wow, thata some pic of TR2 , ZY 200.. i am

from Louth and have never seen this car , in real life or on the web. Would love to hear who owned it new

Could be a UK car re-regd in the early 80s when ya could re-reg an old number for the princley sum of cuig punts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I think a plate like zy (might be something similar) was applied in 1986 after they got to yzy 999 and before the year county system was introduced in january 1987?

I think a plate like zy (might be something similar) was applied in 1986 after they got to yzy 999 and before the year county system was introduced in january 1987?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

ZY was Louth, ZY 1 was first issued in May 1954

Kinsale

20150314_140123.jpg

20150314_140250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

No bumpers at all on the MGB!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    No bumpers at all on the MGB!

De-chromed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Looks a bit awkward if you ask me.

Like the headlight covers, very Jag d-type-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Silvera wrote: »
    De-chromed

A 1977 MGB wouldn't have chrome bumpers. Just sayin'.

It looks good... put a roll cage in it, big block with a blower and it will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

They're excellent photos. Where did they come from?

sorry - missed your question

don't hammer it with download managers, wget -r's etc -

Total items catalogued so far 24784

Currently its on a HP server doing other work so can be slow

6d9cc0c2d223d60cff913945a474d4c5.jpg

if you go rootin around you'll find some more

http://www.collection.archivist.info/archive/

http://www.collection.archivist.info/searchv13.php?searchv4page=28&searchstr=Lucas

http://www.collection.archivist.info/searchv13.php?searchstr=WD

was looking for gearboxy stuff and found that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

ARTHUR, ZY WAS INDEED RE USED IN 86, BUT IT WAS AFTER THE NUMBERS E, G, 1234 ZY. oops numbers lock on. A few years ago i enquired on here about the ZY TR3 that has been pictured many times on Boards, I contacted the owner who p.m.ed me the history of the car. It was from Drogheda and I am from the other end of the county. On seeing this ZY200, I googled it and found a piece from the MG club how ZY 3147 (guess) had driven to Cork to get photogra9hed with ZY200. I cannot just recall the owner of Zy3147 , Niall perhaps.
    It may yet happen that someone on here will identify the original owner, my guess is G.O'R or L.G., I am just putting initials in as 7 dont want to make an eejit of myself. I was fourvyears old when ZY 200 was registered, but both of the men whose initials I posted had TR's. I am off to ask my b.i. l. Who is older than me, about their cars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

That B GT was parked in Rathmines last December AFIR

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    A 1977 MGB wouldn't have chrome bumpers. Just sayin'.
    Indeed - nobody's going to remove chrome bumpers from an MG... but plenty of people want rid of the big rubber ones.

I'd prefer a rubber bumper GT or Midget to a chromeie

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

seen in Co.Cork last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Spotted this in London recently

Advertisement